Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Info about Wind Pudding Lake, Oneida County

6/8/21 @ 10:47 AM
ORIGINAL POST
hockeyguy39
USER SINCE 8/24/07

A friend who doesn't fish much is bringing her two sons up to stay on Wind Pudding Lake, just SW of Lake Tomahawk, in August. She contacted me and asked for any info I could give her to help make sure her boys caught some fish. I haven't found a lot of info, other than that there are fish in there lol. I mentioned the standard spinners/top waters for bass/northern and crawler bits under a bobber for pannies, but does anyone have any additional advice for this lake?   It also looks pretty weedy in most parts of the lake. At that time of year, will it just be a sloppy mess you can't get a lure/bait through? There's supposedly a park on the lake, which I can't seem to locate on google maps. Is it off Bass Road on the east side? 

Also mentioned driving around to check out some different lakes as well.  So many options  up there I'd hate for them to stay in one spot, especially if they're not catching anything there. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 16 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

9/29/21 @ 5:14 PM
Leechster
Leechster
USER SINCE 1/22/21

Good info Musky Ben!!! Thanks for everyone’s input.

9/29/21 @ 1:42 PM
Musky Ben
USER SINCE 3/13/02

Its a very interesting lake.  I believe the only access unless your a homeowner on the lake is that unimproved landing at the end of Bass Lake Road.  The deeper mudholes aren't so bad on the initial road (two track) going in, but once the fork is taken to go down to the lake, it gets interesting!!!  Washout from  rains makes going down hill interesting.  Not that it can't be done, as it can, but if its wet, I'd have a way to get unstuck in case you do.  Once at the lake, you'll be sliding your craft into the water over grass and bog.  Supposedly the fishing isn't bad once in.

Musky Ben

9/29/21 @ 8:09 AM
Leechster
Leechster
USER SINCE 1/22/21

Thanks. I may take a drive back there until it gets too thick, cause I’m not going to scratch up truck. I could probably take UTV through there. Maybe next year! Thanks for the info.

9/29/21 @ 7:24 AM
CHISEL
USER SINCE 6/19/01

Not sure if there is another access besides Bass Rd. I wouldn't try that access without a 4wd myself. Bass Rd is only a old logging trail. Last time I drove in there there were some nasty mud holes but they may be dried up now. The last couple hundred yards you will be rubbing brush on both sides. You probably could get a small boat in there with 4wd but there isn't a real landing.

9/29/21 @ 7:13 AM
hockeyguy39
USER SINCE 8/24/07

Leechster, there's only one way to find out lol!

Doesn't sound like my friend brought her kids up last month as I never heard anything back from her. Either that or she was mad about the information overload I was throwing at her lol.

9/29/21 @ 6:03 AM
Leechster
Leechster
USER SINCE 1/22/21

I’m not too far away from this lake. Is the launch accessible for a 12/14 foot aluminum with small motor? Or is it only good for kayaks and such? 

9/26/21 @ 8:34 AM
[email protected]
USER SINCE 2/5/21

great lake to fish panfish lot of big gills and crappie bass fishing really good catching 50 bass in day is the norm

6/13/21 @ 9:23 PM
ChrisS983
USER SINCE 8/27/18

I have been bringing the family up to wind pudding for the last couple of years, we stay there because the house is awesome.  The fishing can be decent, a lot of 12-14” bass maybe a 16-18”.  Early summer the weeds aren’t terrible and make for great frog fishing.  Some decent blue gills among a lot of smaller one.  The scenery is absolutely amazing on the lake, one of the reasons I don’t mind smaller bass for the peace.

6/10/21 @ 5:37 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER SINCE 6/15/01

https://webapp.navionics.com/#[email protected]&key=yohvGb_%60bP

Navionics web app shows that as a campsite... you can navigate, zoom in/out, change map options etc on their web app

6/10/21 @ 9:07 AM
hockeyguy39
USER SINCE 8/24/07

Thank you!  Is that the "park" I see referenced? Or just a dead end at the lake?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 16 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.