Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Info about Wind Pudding Lake, Oneida County

6/8/21 @ 10:47 AM
ORIGINAL POST
hockeyguy39
USER SINCE 8/24/07

A friend who doesn't fish much is bringing her two sons up to stay on Wind Pudding Lake, just SW of Lake Tomahawk, in August. She contacted me and asked for any info I could give her to help make sure her boys caught some fish. I haven't found a lot of info, other than that there are fish in there lol. I mentioned the standard spinners/top waters for bass/northern and crawler bits under a bobber for pannies, but does anyone have any additional advice for this lake?   It also looks pretty weedy in most parts of the lake. At that time of year, will it just be a sloppy mess you can't get a lure/bait through? There's supposedly a park on the lake, which I can't seem to locate on google maps. Is it off Bass Road on the east side? 

Also mentioned driving around to check out some different lakes as well.  So many options  up there I'd hate for them to stay in one spot, especially if they're not catching anything there. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

6/13/21 @ 9:23 PM
ChrisS983
USER SINCE 8/27/18

I have been bringing the family up to wind pudding for the last couple of years, we stay there because the house is awesome.  The fishing can be decent, a lot of 12-14” bass maybe a 16-18”.  Early summer the weeds aren’t terrible and make for great frog fishing.  Some decent blue gills among a lot of smaller one.  The scenery is absolutely amazing on the lake, one of the reasons I don’t mind smaller bass for the peace.

6/10/21 @ 5:37 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER SINCE 6/15/01

https://webapp.navionics.com/#[email protected]&key=yohvGb_%60bP

Navionics web app shows that as a campsite... you can navigate, zoom in/out, change map options etc on their web app

6/10/21 @ 9:07 AM
hockeyguy39
USER SINCE 8/24/07

Thank you!  Is that the "park" I see referenced? Or just a dead end at the lake?

6/10/21 @ 8:29 AM
Patientbait
USER SINCE 1/15/19

You can access the deepest part of the lake off of Bass Rd, which comes off of Bluebird Rd. 

6/9/21 @ 1:37 PM
Leechster
Leechster
USER SINCE 1/22/21

I think they can find some good areas on Pudding. It’s definitely not over fished so there could be some whoppers in there! Who knows. It’s worth a shot. A canoe or kayak will probably be the ticket. It might be awesome off shoreline too. I’d just be positive and see what I can do on that lake first. I wish them luck.

6/9/21 @ 8:23 AM
hockeyguy39
USER SINCE 8/24/07

Thanks for the replies!

I honestly don't know why she's staying there. She's someone I went to grade school with and haven't talked to in years, but my Facebook reputation amongst my friends is that of a great fisherman (lol) so she just messaged me and told me that's where they were staying and asked for any info.  In looking at google maps, yeah, I can see it's pretty weedy. So, hopefully they can find some fish.  And if not there, driving around and hitting a few other lakes for a few casts will probably get them something. 

6/8/21 @ 4:27 PM
Leechster
Leechster
USER SINCE 1/22/21

Is there a reason she wants to stay on Winnpudding? We are not 4 miles away from that lake but have never fished it. Access might be at state park but it doesn’t specify on DNR website what kind of access it has. Very weedy lake as it’s a seepage lake. If that’s the kind of lake she is looking for, that’s ok, but is she staying at someones home or at the Park? The type of park it’s listed as doesn’t have facilities but that may not have been updated. I don’t know anyone who has fished this lake. Maybe someone who has fished this lake will chime in. 

6/8/21 @ 2:54 PM
pew.hunter
USER SINCE 9/18/02

Try here

https://dnr.wi.gov/lakes/lakepages/LakeDetail.aspx?wbic=1178900

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
Advertise here
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
The Deadeye Custom Series rods are all custom technique specific walleye jigging rods designed for the tournament walleye angler. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Dead Eye Custom Series Rods
New CUSTOM Colors! The perfect choice when you want a lure that runs straight and true, even when running fast and deep. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Down Deep Husky Jerk - NEW Custom Colors
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.