SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Ice Auger

2/4/21 @ 8:00 PM
INITIAL POST
Deeplaker
User since 1/26/13

Is there anything better than an ION R1 8 inch? I've had a lazermag for 15 years but she's tired. Only interested in a battery powered auger. Done with gas.

Displaying 16 to 27 of 27 posts
2/28/21 @ 11:41 AM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01

Parking my Jiffy propane also. Never really satisfied completely. Does the 40V Strikemaster come in 7"?

2/28/21 @ 9:56 AM
Jav1
User since 1/28/03

Beginning of the  season I was looking for a battery powered auger.  Dragged my feet due to not knowing which one was the best one to buy.  After reading many reviews I decided on the Strikemaster 40volt. Yep could not find any augers anywhere all sold out.  So,  now that the season is coming to the  end what are all your consensus on the auger you purchased if you were lucky enough to purchase one and would you buy another  or go a different  direction.? 

2/5/21 @ 6:27 PM
Analog man
Analog man
User since 12/10/18

Esox, I just bought a 24v 6" for my panfish hole hopping auger. 13.3 lb.!!!!  Out twice this week 22 holes so far and still full charge. I think I'm going to pickup a 40v 8" for tipups.

My Jiffy propane is permanently parked .

2/5/21 @ 4:57 PM
esox_phisherman
User since 2/2/14

I picked up a 40v strikemaster 8" auger this winter. It's great.  I can't speak for the 24v but I assume it's equally as effective for its size. Don't have any experience with Ion, but as a first time Strikemaster buyer this winter, I give it 2 thumbs up.  So nice to never have to deal with gasoline to drill holes again, the wife loves it too.

2/5/21 @ 10:45 AM
fishicot
User since 4/16/18

I've been very happy with my Ion X 8" but it doesn't seem to be available anymore.

2/5/21 @ 8:23 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

I believe the Ion R1 utilizes the battery from the original Ion, so if you have the Ion and wanted to upgrade the R1 gives you the ability to save a few bucks and use the same battery. The Ion G2 was their new auger last year and they came out with the 10" version this year. Significantly faster than the ION X or any of their other models. I loved the Strikemaster 40v until I tried the G2, its a pretty remarkable auger but it comes at a hefty price tag. 

2/5/21 @ 8:15 AM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

Tired Lazermag gas auger? Mine got that way too but a small engine wizard went thru it and the valves, and now mine is on its second stretch of 15 years. Tecumsa motor is still drilling for me but haven't needed it yet with the sketchy ice this year. Pic is of ma ma ma, my Makita 6 inch.

2/5/21 @ 12:40 AM
jwog666
jwog666
User since 7/30/10

Bought a 40v strikemaster 8in this season, had it out 9 days of fishing so far. Last Sunday I drilled  no less than 75 holes in 11in of ice. Still had 25% battery left. Battery cold, with no attempt to keep it warm. Impressed as hell, would recommend to anyone. 

2/4/21 @ 8:47 PM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

Strikemaster 24 volt or 40 volt or the lite flite with a drill ion augers are slow 

2/4/21 @ 8:24 PM
Analog man
Analog man
User since 12/10/18

I just bought a Strikemaster 24 v 6" electric. I've had  it out twice this week. 12 holes Wed. 10 holes Thur. Power indicator reads fully charged. At 13 lbs. It's really nice. So far I couldn't be happier.  Perfect for panfish hole hopping. 

2/4/21 @ 8:12 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I would check the ice fishing forum on this site, lots of informtion there about augers.

If I were to choose a battery powered auger right now it would be the Strikemaster 24V if you can find one.

Displaying 16 to 27 of 27 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE