Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Free Boat Launches

5/18/21 @ 2:54 PM
INITIAL POST
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Hello everyone,

Are there any free boat launches in Southeastern Wisconsin? For example, I hear that the launch on Okauchee Lake is free, but it fills up quickly. Just wondering. If not, what are some of the less expensive ones?

Displaying 16 to 23 of 23 posts
5/21/21 @ 8:51 AM
PimplySwede
User since 1/6/09

If you don't utilize the state park, then the sticker is your launch fee.

5/21/21 @ 7:53 AM
mingus
User since 8/9/02

Long Lake and Auburn Lake in the Northern Kettle Moraine are free is you have a State Park Sticker.  There are also a number of smaller lakes with fee free launches that just require a State Park sticker.  

5/20/21 @ 4:05 PM
jimbo55will
User since 1/17/07

Someone commented that Wind Lake and Lake Denoon are free. Wind is, Denoon isn't. Denoon has a steel box that you must put in, I believe it was $6.00 or so. Plus Wind Lake's launch is much better than Denoon's which is a joke. Hard to get a deep V in at Denoon. Plus it has no pier which Wind does.

5/20/21 @ 7:05 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20

Some launch prices in Wisconsin are insane $12+ a bit much for me haven't fished se Wisconsin in a while even though I live in Milwaukee county. With all the $ that goes into fishing in a boat like registration, license, bait, gas , tackle, and a ton more then to have to pay a launch fees what ajoke. Perfect scenario we go to onalaska alot fish the Mississippi river we use to launch on the Wisconsin side but now you have to pay so like us we camp on the islands so I have to pay for each day but solved that problem we launch on the Minnesota side it's free. I've fished Minnesota 100' s of other lakes and all launches are free and launches are better kept. Only launch h in se Wisconsin I've launched that was free was okauchee. Plus who carries cash anymore. 

5/19/21 @ 8:29 PM
uplander
uplander
User since 10/6/09

ok prop tell me why all boat launches should be pay to use. It is proven that these fees aint used right. Here in Sheboygan county we pay to launch but the money goes to the plank road trail for upkeep on that. Its all B.S. if you ask me. Then lets charge for all roads in the state. Maybe a fee to hunt anything on public land. How about a parking permit to park on the road in front of my house. You wont get me to agree on this. I once had a year pass to launch on Random lake and once they tried to tell me I couldnt launch because they were full. That didnt work out to good for that guy at the launch.

5/18/21 @ 9:24 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

Every boat launch should have a fee.

Permanent ice shacks should pay a fee too.

5/18/21 @ 6:50 PM
clueless
User since 10/24/04

I think wind lake and denoon lake were free when I lived down there.

Displaying 16 to 23 of 23 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE