SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Foam bait pail liner

2/25/20 @ 9:53 PM
INITIAL POST
Klappy803
User since 7/12/18

Does anyone know of a foam 5 gallon bait pail liner that doesn't leak when full of water?  I had a Ht pail liner from 12 years ago that just gave up and started leaking.  So I went and got a Magic pail liner from fleet farm and it leaked hundreds of little droplets through all the walls right off the shelf.  I love the way the foam keeps the water from freezing in the winter and keeps it cool in the summer but do not like the scurviness when the water gets between the liner and the pail.  Other options without going to a square cooler?

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
2/26/20 @ 11:11 PM
Klappy803
User since 7/12/18

Nihsif that magic brand pail is exactly what I have now and it leaked the moment i put water in it.  It is too porous.  Being porous might insulate, but i can't stand the leaking.  

I think i'm going to make my own with a floral pail inside a 5 gallon pail.  Then great stuff the gap between the two.  I'll make a plastic collar at the top of the pail and caulk the seams to keep water from going between the two.  Just wish I could find a floral pail that wasn't black, makes it hard to see your bait.

2/26/20 @ 7:52 PM
Deer Puncher
User since 1/20/17

repaired an old one and my new one I just got last season with latex silicone tub caulk . I spread it on the outside with a solid coating. do it outside it will smell and sting your eyes.

2/26/20 @ 11:03 AM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

pretty good deal here https://www.lake-link.com/deals/385/ if you have a Gander nearby

I have had sit n fish for many many years, and the liner held up until it got left on a pier and blew away... won't point any fingers, but I was able to get a replacement liner at a bait shop for under $10 if I recall correctly

just another thought on your need

This is what I got for replacement, but wouldn't pay what Amazon is asking for it!! yikes!

2/26/20 @ 9:03 AM
Jamie G
User since 12/2/05

I wonder if a guy could put some kind of waterproof sealer on the inside or outside of the foam, or if it would affect the baitfish 

2/26/20 @ 6:27 AM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

They all leak. That’s why they work so well,they’re porous and they “breathe. CARPIO 

2/25/20 @ 11:26 PM
Klappy803
User since 7/12/18

And yep I posted this in the wrong area should have been in the fishing equipment section.

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE