SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Fishing fox river in Berlin

3/2/21 @ 11:11 AM
INITIAL POST
sheephead
User since 2/8/17

My daughter just bought a house in Berlin. Son in law wants me to bring the boat and fish the river in Berlin. I know nothing about the area. Any comments about the river there would be appreciated.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
3/4/21 @ 6:38 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Years ago I would fish the backwaters in the Berlin area. Caught a lot of pike on tip ups, nothing big but they were keepers. 

3/4/21 @ 2:21 PM
sheephead
User since 2/8/17

Thanks for those that commented. I appreciate it. Never a bad thing to learn new water.

3/2/21 @ 7:59 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Beautiful area... good fishing and good people 

3/2/21 @ 4:36 PM
ToxDoc
User since 10/4/06

With the fish ladder in Eureka, everything that swims in Winnebago has access to the river in Berlin.  There hasn't been a very good whitebass run the past few years and walleyes are hit/miss, but both are around in the spring.  Walleye fishing can be ok all summer if the water is high enough and there is baitfish around.  Catfish is pretty consistently good although set lines have reduced catches for those of us who only fish rod/reel.  OK bass fishing for both smalleys and largemouth.

In the summer you can go through the locks in Eureka, just call 920-361-BOAT(2628).  That gives you a straight shot to the whole system.

3/2/21 @ 11:22 AM
CLINCHKNOT
User since 10/9/03

Lucky you!  Nice catfish, walleyes and some smallmouth.  I do not know the area well but a friend took me fishing there in his pontoon boat on the river.  Walleyes on rattletraps.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE