MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Fish Limits with a guide

5/22/22 @ 9:50 PM
INITIAL POST
Big Lake Hoosier
Big Lake Hoosier
User since 9/2/20

Looking at all the fishing reports has me researching and unable to find the answer.   When fishing with a guide, do customers get to keep the guide‘s limit as well?  As if the guide may donate their portion of the total boat possession to the customer?

Displaying 1 to 15 of 150 posts
3/31/23 @ 6:13 PM
samfox
User since 3/17/09
Edge,  name of individual gifting, DNR #, number of fish or game, type of fish or game, date.
3/31/23 @ 4:25 PM
Edge
User since 2/28/07
Samfox, I never heard of that. What documents would you need that would satisfy a warden?
3/30/23 @ 3:41 PM
samfox
User since 3/17/09
Snake,  yes with written documentation.
3/29/23 @ 7:16 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
I’ve fished that dam in the past FishChip. 
I’ve always wondered if you got searched by DNR and have 10 walleyes, do they accept your story that the guide gave them to you? 
3/28/23 @ 8:10 AM
FishChip
User since 2/2/17
If you fish the Pride dam in Tomahawk you can keep a limit of walleyes and if you fish with certain guides you can keep their limit too.
2/17/23 @ 12:25 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
Guide, I fished with last Fall up north for panfish has  a 20 fish max and that's what we kept only, I thought it was a good policy especially for that body of water. 
2/17/23 @ 10:04 AM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
User since 9/16/11

Recently there was a post on one of the fish reports that the WI DNR has changed rules; and it's now illegal for guides to gift fish to paying clients. I had read about a year ago that the DNR was looking into this. Just wondering if anyone here has more information about this. Please post-up if you know anything about these changes. Thanks!

Looking to dig into more data?

Step up and unlock historical postings by upgrading to Lake-Link Pro for as little as $2.99!

More Info

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE