SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

fathers day fishing trip

6/14/21 @ 11:00 AM
INITIAL POST
MOS2111
User since 4/14/09

Looking at going away for fathers day weekend for annual fishing trip and looking for ideas on where to go. Dad has mentioned Trempealeau, Ladysmith, and Rice Lake. We will mostly be fishing from a boat on bottom for cat n sheepshead and doing some pan fishing but into anything. Have been checking fishing reports but have not seen much for recent activity on here.

Thanks

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
6/21/21 @ 1:40 PM
huntfishcrappie
User since 2/23/16

I spent my life on the river in tremp.. Always something to catch..plus you can fish the float there or  the best dam fishing float one dam down..plus you can fish Onalaska too..Big gills should be around now  or use smaller ones for flat head... Best of luck...

6/21/21 @ 1:03 PM
MOS2111
User since 4/14/09

@Guidedfishing  thank you. We tried out Lake Wissota. Only ended up with 9 cat but all 3-5 pound range.

6/15/21 @ 7:20 AM
Guidedfishing
User since 8/2/01

If you are looking for sheephead and cat's you will likely be disappointed in the Rice Lake area.  There are certainly some fine lakes in that surrounding area but not those particular critters in any numbers.   The Dairyland flowage out side of Ladysmith does have some decent catfish but the Dairyland rarely sets anyone's hair on fire in the fishing department.   Out of Trempealeau you have the Mississippi, and that is a sheephead and catfish paradise.   One lake that is often overlooked and is probably one of the premier catfishing destinations in this part of the state is Lake Wissota, it has catfish tournaments and the numbers and size of catfish that come out of Wissota may make you reconsider dipping your toes in the water.  There is also the Holcomb Flowage closer to Cornell, that has good catfishing.  These are all reservoirs on the Chippewa River system,  The Dairyland is on the Flambeau.  Some of the biggest sheephead/drum I have ever caught have come out of Green Bay when I thought I had monster walleye's on and it turn out to be a drum the size of garbage can lid.   What a hoot.  good luck.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE