LOGIN
Lake-Link

family vacation fishing lake suggestion

4/4/19 @ 6:16 AM
ORIGNAL POST
The conservationist
User since 12/16/13

lake linkers 

I am looking to take a family vacation to either northern or NW wisconsin or Minnesota in late June and wondered what lakes might be better choices for panfish and walleyes .  I know a number of the minnesota lakes have slots now and reduces bag limits so any suggestions are welcome

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/5/19 @ 12:36 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01
I've been fishing the Willow Flowage the last couple of years and have caught almost everything using just a jig and crawler or minnow.  I never get huge numbers of any species of fish, but catch almost everything that swims in there.  Walleyes there are several just short of the 15" minimum but also some legal size.  Lots of camping availble on the islands.  Make sure you have a lake map  and follow the old river channel. Lots of prop killer spots out there!

4/4/19 @ 10:56 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I could recommend anything from camping on an island on the Willow Flowage to an all-inclusive resort with gourmet meals. What kind of accommodations/amenities are you looking for? Camping, cabins, full meal plans and housekeeping? Guides? Boat rentals? Full-service bar? Playground and swimming beach for the kids?

4/4/19 @ 10:28 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11
Chippewa pines resort on The Chippewa Flowage. Great accommodations, good prices and excellent fishing!

4/4/19 @ 8:17 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

Check out https://birchridgeresort.com/ on Leech Lake. We go in October and do very well on really nice perch and usually some walleyes and northerns but I see lots of pictures from the previous summer with nice fish of all species. A lot of nice bass too. It's a huge lake, but this is the only resort on Sucker Bay which is I think 7 miles long, and we have most of our success within a mile of the resort. Great grounds, great owners, protected harbor, bait, fish cleaning available....bottom line, a great place to check out. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.