SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

discussing trash

9/29/21 @ 8:27 PM
INITIAL POST
woodyeckes
User since 3/17/14

Everywhere I fish there seems to be some litter...I have no solution to reduce or eliminate it but I do have a personal outlook on it to pass on to you.  I have been carrying a couple of plastic bags that we all accumulate from the stores we frequent and picking up our fellow mans mess.  Why you ask?  I like the feeling I get from taking care of the places I go to....and I think it makes the fish bite better!!  I also have found several nice baits lurking amongst the weeds and last Sunday an ultralight Mitchell spinning rod with the tip broke off that I believe will function better shortened up.  I know you or I did not make that mess but I know we can pick some of it up.  My result has been better fishing, tell me what yours' turns out to be.

Displaying 16 to 25 of 25 posts
11/9/21 @ 8:57 PM
oncebitten
oncebitten
User since 12/7/17

My post was kicked . glad to see someone has a can for me. 

11/9/21 @ 1:19 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

There USED to be a great roadside fishing area on the north side of Tichigan near the launch.   Day and night folks would fish there and there were trash cans near by that people would fill with everything imaginable . So after the cans were taken away it all went on the roadside.    Pretty soon it was posted NO TRESPASSING.     CARPIO 

11/9/21 @ 9:51 AM
ol sarge
ol sarge
User since 3/8/04

I fish places that are hard to get to and most are private. I have seen many places get posted over trash and I just don’t get it. I went to one of my favorite spots and laying right there in the water was an empty 6 pack of beer! Who does this! Another spot which is way out I found a can of orange spray paint floating in the water. No wonder property owners are cutting access to some of the best fishing spots in the state. Just pick up behind yourself. It is not that hard.

10/24/21 @ 9:00 AM
Hothead
User since 10/9/05

I had a couple of hours to blow so I stopped by a popular shore fishing spot and was extremely disgusted. The parking area was full of trash and clothes. There was a couple of people fishing so I stayed away from them and tried a couple of spots. Later I noticed that they had left so I made my way to where they were. McDonald's wrappers, bags and food laying all over the place. This disrespect is getting very old. Sooner or later they will close access to this spot. 

9/30/21 @ 5:06 PM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20

Great thread I'm so sick of picking stuff up from other fisherman 90% of the junk i pick up is not mine. And cigarette butts I hate the most just put them in a bottle and you don't have to have someone like me pick them up later. Those small black propane caps companies need to find a alternative cause there a problem. I do notice ice fishing I'm picking up alot more garbage i really hate when guys get ready to leave ice fishing they pick up all fishing equipment but leave a pile of garbage come on now. And the people who thinks it will magically just disappear. And word to boat ramp and lake or river access owners including the dnr get some dumpsters or something to put the trash in most places I go it's either not there or overflowing then I wind up dumping it at the gas station on the way home. 

9/30/21 @ 2:54 PM
Mountain
Mountain
User since 1/7/02
I am constantly picking things up and either throwing them away at the launch/site/etc. or bring them home in a 5 gallon bucket that I have in back of my truck. Recycle what I can and pitch the rest.

9/30/21 @ 8:05 AM
badgerstatehunter
User since 2/6/06

Good post.  thank you.  I can't believe the things I see on the water or ice.  I may start bringing some bags for other's trash too.  

9/30/21 @ 7:52 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Years ago, I was on a Canadian fishing trip with some clients.  We hired a guide for a day who did a traditional shore lunch on a little island. After eating,  I was amazed to see the guide haul bean cans, and other junk back in the trees and dump it. Since I have always HATED littering, I snuck back, gathered up the trash and dumped it in the bottom of the guides carpeted boat. Hugely satisfying but I think if he'd had a gun, he'd have shot me on the spot!

9/30/21 @ 6:47 AM
E-Tec 1
PRO MEMBER User since 6/27/10

We were at Bete Grise Beach in the U.P. people just dump their garbage from their cars and think nothing of it most we saw were out of state 

MI. has lots of Roadside Parks with outhouses some are cleaned by private citizens we found a few that were a mess called the number to let someone know if they can't use it proper then they should go in the woods

9/30/21 @ 5:53 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

Wish there was more people like you Wood. I hate to see what slobs throw on the ground. I won’t even throw a cigarette butt on the ground. If I see something on the way out, I’ll throw it in the boat until I get home. I think it’s good to keep pounding the message. We have to take care of our landings because no one else will. Its not like there is anyone who polices the grounds daily, and for some reason, some people don’t care about trashing up our landings or shore fishing spots. Like you, I don’t think many or any on here do it, but there’s a lot of people out there that don’t care. 

Displaying 16 to 25 of 25 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE