SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Cast netting

5/5/20 @ 1:01 AM
INITIAL POST
missippimugs
User since 9/14/16

Not really sure. Can I cast net for bait on the mississippi river pool 8 for bait? Looking to get shad. Thanks.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
4/2/21 @ 12:51 AM
Chippman
User since 5/5/06

Just submitted Resolution for spring hearings in Chippewa county to make cast nets legal in Wisconsin for Minnows, smelt and rough fish with the same restriction as dip and seine nets so will see how it goes.

Spoke to a couple of wardens they didn't see much difference from a law enforcement perspective from dip and seine nets. One did say he was frustrated they took the wording that cast net are illegal to use in wi out of the last fishing regs I know I used them before I found out they were illegal, don't understand when they are legal to sell them in wi but can't use them. Kind of like tinted windows in cars.

If anyone else wants to submit a resolution for spring hearings use DNR online portal by April 5th

5/27/20 @ 1:34 PM
NPike_Guy
NPike_Guy
User since 8/25/08

I would really like to see them change this but unfortunately I could see people abusing it really bad. 

5/27/20 @ 11:18 AM
WisconsinHunter/Fisher
WisconsinHunter/Fisher
User since 10/9/12

False they are illegal in Wisconsin except for Iowa border. Got a big ticket for it not fun. Always saw other people use em so i figured that they were ok. Wrong.

5/24/20 @ 8:06 AM
hunter_jt
User since 1/1/05

Think they might be e better resource than random people on the internet?

5/24/20 @ 12:40 AM
missippimugs
User since 9/14/16

I read that you can use one but do not have a rod and reel in the boat. Guess I'll check with the dnr.

5/5/20 @ 4:05 AM
utahman
User since 3/9/03

Illegal except for taking suckers on Wisconsin / Iowa boundary waters

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE