Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Bulk minnows

4/6/20 @ 3:07 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Theory
User since 3/21/05

I’m in southeastern Wisconsin. I have to constantly go out of my way to get minnows to go fishing due to a close bait store going out of business :(. Does anyone know where I can buy bulk fatheads and possibly other kinds of minnows? I’m setting up a big tank in my garage. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/7/20 @ 7:50 PM
redhook
User since 12/25/09

I have bought bulk in the past and they were sold by the pound. They came from Genoa city, through a bait dealer/shop when I lived in Burlington. The house I rented used to have a bait shop in the basement across from Spring Brook Feeds.

4/7/20 @ 6:12 PM
nemab-man
User since 7/5/11

Icebelt has it right. If you are over 16 years old buy a bait dealer's license. The bait dealer's like your bait shop don't buy fatheads by the dozen. They buy them by the gallon. 

4/7/20 @ 5:34 PM
clueless
User since 10/24/04

Trap your own. Unless you have to have fatheads. 

4/7/20 @ 2:12 PM
Aluma1
User since 4/12/03

how Are you going to keep the water cool enough during summer? I think you would need at least an air conditioned garage. Or a water chiller that they use for salt water fish. I think the chillers  are pretty expensive.

4/6/20 @ 9:37 PM
icebelt
User since 10/22/13

Get your sticker from the state, it’s as easy as a guide license. Then go to Hilger in Antigo.

4/6/20 @ 9:28 PM
nemab-man
User since 7/5/11

I haven't read the regs in a while but I'm pretty sure you need a WI bait dealer's license to posses more than 600 minnows. If you go to any bait shop an ask for 40 dozen or more, they will probably want to sell them to you and maybe at a discount. You can't  buy more than 50 dozen unless you have the state of wisconsin's permission, I guess.

4/6/20 @ 3:27 PM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

ROBINSONS In Genoa City.    CARPIO 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.