MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Boat rentals near Genoa WI

5/13/22 @ 4:37 PM
INITIAL POST
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

I am going to be staying in the Coon Valley area with my brother and his son the second week of June. We plan on fishing all over as time allows. I am hesitant to drag my boat all the way there, and was hoping for a place that rented 16' boats, big enough for 3 guys. Weekly rate would be great. Does anyone know of a place that does this? Thanks. 

Jim

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
5/28/22 @ 4:31 PM
jitterbug1962
User since 12/14/14

There is a big gravel pit north of Stoddard (south of goose island) attached to the river where boaters pull in out of the current of the river. Forgot the name but ask around. Lots of boats, good scenery.

5/28/22 @ 3:43 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

Definitely try winnesheik slough, many memories of being way back inside. You never know what the next cast will bring.   Ice fishing even better but caution is needed because of the currents back there, especially in late February. That’s the only place I’ve fished where gills would come up the hole and smack the bobber,not often but on several occasions. CARPIO 

5/28/22 @ 2:28 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

We really wanted to explore Onalaska and Stoddard islands mainly. If time allows Winneshiek and Minnesota sloughs. Looking like I'll be bringing a boat. We plan on renting a pontoon one day just to put around on, grill some food and take in the river. Maybe go swimming. Anybody have a sandy island recommendation that is public and allows bbq's and swimming? 

5/24/22 @ 9:00 AM
RescueDiver
RescueDiver
User since 1/21/12

How about using the fishing float, Is that an option for you?

5/18/22 @ 6:25 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Pool9 thanks for the info. They do indeed rent 16' boats. Kinda spendy, but what do I expect in this, ahem, economy. Yep!!

Might just drag the boat up all things considered. Thanks again for the input, just in case I decide to rent.

5/14/22 @ 1:22 PM
pool9fish
User since 3/7/11

S & S houseboats in Lansing,Iowa does rent boats. This includes fishing boats. You could call them and maybe arrange for a trailered boat rental??

5/13/22 @ 9:35 PM
jitterbug1962
User since 12/14/14

There is a guy in Stoddard at waters edge that rents out pontoons and boats.

5/13/22 @ 7:10 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

Try calling Captain Hooks bait and tackle in Genoa and maybe they can give you some info.

I'm not sure but you may not find anything except Lacrosse-Onalaska area.

5/13/22 @ 5:17 PM
Carpio
Carpio

Lol. I looked too.     

5/13/22 @ 5:12 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Excellent idea Carpio. I'm drawing a blank on Google maps.

5/13/22 @ 4:50 PM
Carpio
Carpio

I’d call the bait shops or other businesses in the area, they’d know.   CARPIO 

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE