MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Bite Off's.....Braid to Fluorocarbon Leader

2/1/23 @ 12:53 PM
INITIAL POST
Go-Fish
Go-Fish
PRO MEMBER User since 3/17/02

I have used both 15 and 20 pound test fluorocarbon leaders on my bass rods and I still get bit off by pike.   

I know I need to bump up the pound test of the fluorocarbon but, I already have two spools that are useless and the bigger the diameter gets, the more the lure action is effected and the tougher it is to tie a knot.   

What brand fluorocarbon line and what pound test do I need to go to eliminate or greatly reduce pike bite offs and still get good action from the lures?     

Thanks, Go-Fish

Displaying 16 to 18 of 18 posts
2/2/23 @ 12:57 PM
Go-Fish
Go-Fish
PRO MEMBER User since 3/17/02

Drummer wires will not help me for bass, I need invisibility and flex but you bring up a good point, I also shop at craft stores for glass beads I use on my Texas rigs, craft store glass beads are the same as Bass Pro glass beads at half the cost.    

Anyone have a suggestion on a flexible heavy pound test line that will stand up to toothy critters without sacrificing the limpness needed to work a bass bait?  

Go-Fish

2/1/23 @ 4:31 PM
drummer boy
drummer boy
User since 3/14/08

I have been using tyable wire for years,10lb to 30.I buy it at joan fabric store LOL.

Displaying 16 to 18 of 18 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE