MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Big Muskego Lake

Big Muskego

6/27/22 @ 10:34 AM
INITIAL POST
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

Maybe it is time to bite the Bullet and do the right thing to this Great Body of water. Spend ALL THAT MONEY HE DNR HAS AND DO A SOUND RENEWAL OF THIS LAKE/ Marsh! A drawdown, with channel construction,spoil islands,like on the South end! I don’t know how many years but enough to kill the invasive weeds and growing carp population! It seemed to help Little Muskego, and the draw down in the 90’s did wonders for this body of water for many years! Just a thought ! 

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
6/30/22 @ 11:22 AM
Greenheads4Ever
Greenheads4Ever
PRO MEMBER User since 2/9/03

GRANDAD, here is the guy to work it out with.  Go strike a nerve, I've been getting after it for 3 years now to try and make this place better for ducks again.

https://dnr.wi.gov/staffdir/_newsearch/ContactSearchResultsExt.aspx?cno=54824&cSrc=EMPLOYEE 

6/28/22 @ 12:16 PM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

It seems like most posts so far are from people who are familiar with the lake from before the 90’s drawdown! They ALL KNOW what is was like before, and afterwards! We ALL KNOW THAT WE WILL LOOSE IT FOR A FEW YEARS,BUT DONE PROPERLY IS WILL RETURN TO A FANTASTIC FISHERY AND WATERFOWL AREA ONCE AGAIN ! Time for the DNR TO invest in SE Wisconsin Lakes. Way too much money spent on restricted access over crowded And over priced Municipalities controlled lakes and access points!

6/28/22 @ 5:36 AM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

Greenheads: If he is the person in charge I will retract any negative comments going forward.  The person I was referring to is obviously assigned to something else.  THANK GOD!

What Little Luck posted is spot-on.  Prior to '11, this was a great fishery not only for northerns but pannies too.

6/27/22 @ 9:33 PM
Greenheads4Ever
Greenheads4Ever

Igor, I’m not 100% certain. This is the biologist I discussed it with and his other contacts. https://dnr.wi.gov/staffdir/_newsearch/ContactSearchResultsExt.aspx?cno=54824&cSrc=EMPLOYEE

I believe the WWA is also “in the know” on the future intent to attempt to draw down Big Muskego. 

6/27/22 @ 7:13 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

Like my dad said “ if you’re going to do a job do it right or not at all! “.         Drain it!       CARPIO 

6/27/22 @ 6:32 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

Greenheads: You're saying a complete drain and kill off like in '95-'96 or a smaller scale?

6/27/22 @ 2:00 PM
Greenheads4Ever
Greenheads4Ever

This is actually already in the works and was delayed by Covid.  I spoke with the property manager several times in the last couple of years in my battle to restore the open water refuge for waterfowl.  If you would like his email, I can provide it to you. 

6/27/22 @ 11:35 AM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

Agree, problem is the level of arrogance by the resident biologist makes this virtually impossible.  It's not his idea so therefore it is a bad one.

The lake rehab was done in '95-'96.

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE