MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Best and worst Wisconsin Fishing weather for you.

6/28/18 @ 2:10 PM
ORIGNAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

What weather do you absolutely love to be out there fishing in? What weather is not desirable for you to fish in? Let’s hear.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 17 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/3/18 @ 1:29 PM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
User since 5/6/16

70's partly sunny with a nice west breeze. 

7/3/18 @ 1:10 PM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

I don’t fish between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Rest of the year great, especially the last 2 weeks before freeze up.       CARPIO 

7/3/18 @ 11:04 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
User since 12/22/04

I dont fish below 0F windchill anymore.   I have stuff to stay comfortable, it is just fishing is never really that good and it is not exactly enjoyable to be out. 

I do like fishing a a light rain almost any time of year.   

7/2/18 @ 2:31 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

Anything as long as it's not too windy, although I'd prefer less than 85 degrees or more than 20 degrees.

7/2/18 @ 11:56 AM
markrazzy
User since 6/23/09
As long as it's not ridiculous hot or windy, I'll be out in the yak. I like rainy, cold or anything that'll keep the weekend warriors off the water. More and more, I like fishing the very early morning hours before the lake gets busy, especially during the summer. There's just something about packing everything up with a limit when the next guy is coming out at 5 or 6am. 

7/2/18 @ 11:46 AM
machoprogrammer
User since 1/19/07

Fall day, mid 50s, sunshine is my favorite.

In late fall/early winter I prefer anything above freezing. I don't ice fish and line freezing to the rod guides is a pain in the butt.

In spring, I like sunny and mid 50s.

In summer, I prefer overcast because it's usually less hot and muggy.

6/30/18 @ 1:41 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Good stuff Jaybee! Kudos for you catching those November pike.

I would NOT want to be out today. Brutal out there. 

6/30/18 @ 10:23 AM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

I agree with shadling about fall being the best fishing all around.  My year would start with September and end with January. Then repeat over. September has been like a nice summer month the last few years and the nights are cool, which lowers the water temps and activates the fish.  October is my best fishing month of the year. Great walleye and pike fishing in November,  then comes first ice, more great fishing for most species. I like to fish when temps are in the 60's and cloudy. Few pleasure boaters out blasting around. My best trout fishing is always done in a light rain

6/28/18 @ 7:38 PM
shadling1
shadling1
User since 1/17/12
The really hot days if I can't fish early I often fish from about 2pm till dark. Usually I fish a bigger flowage for bass or crappie and my first 2 hours is usually running around scouting out areas and fishing a little bit hoping to find active fish. Otherwise I hop off the boat and swim to cool of, then around 4pm really hammer down and fish. Sometimes like the last hot spell though I'm on a hot bite mid day. I was on a really hot LM bite in the back of a tiny bay, no wind, and brutally hot sun. Great size fish, all 15-19". Had to fish for about 45min, then stop and back off my spot when I couldn't take it anymore and take a dip to cool off, and then repeat again. Hot days I often drink almost 2 gallons of water plus a Gatorade when I'm out. At 40 I can't take the heat like I could when I was younger.....

6/28/18 @ 7:28 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

A nice 55-60 degree day in oct.In winter a partly sunny 25 degree day and little or no breeze.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 17 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.