SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Basic Fish Locator/Depth Finder for Pontoon Boat

6/22/21 @ 4:33 PM
INITIAL POST
DuckSlayin88
User since 9/13/11

I have a pontoon boat that stays on the same body of water year-round. I am looking to install a fish locator/depth finder that will simply provide the basics (water temp/depth/structure/basic gps). Does anyone have any recommendations without breaking the bank? I would imagine the transducer gets installed to the back toon? Both of my toons have square looking box on them with holes, so I would assume this is the spot for them. Thanks for the help!

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
6/28/21 @ 7:25 AM
Guidedfishing
User since 8/2/01

Just by chance check around to see if any of your buddies are updating sonars, chances are you will likely get an old unit just sitting around that can be repurposed for noting or little to nothing.   This is what I did with my Dad's pontoon,  found some old Lowrance gear sitting around, X125 to be exact and works like a champ.   zero cost to repurpose other than to re-run ducer cable, and install new wiring.   just a thought good luck.

6/23/21 @ 11:06 AM
kmanster
kmanster
User since 7/5/06

I had the Hummingbird KVD (Color) model on my pontoon and it worked great.  Had down imaging and side imaging.  I loved it and it was not that expensive.

6/22/21 @ 5:08 PM
gater
User since 11/25/07

There are several threads under the fishing equipment forum, search under that forum you should find some useful information. 

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE