MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Are we allowed to fish

3/23/20 @ 5:23 PM
INITIAL POST
marvin1965
marvin1965
User since 6/19/15

Do any one have a clear understanding  of the restrictions?

Called local bait shop he was opening he didn't know about tomorrow..

If we can go for a walk and keep social distance.. Can we go boating 

Displaying 76 to 90 of 178 posts
4/4/20 @ 10:47 PM
Viszla-Terrier
User since 12/27/10

Bravo fishound, another great post revealing your apparent personal character. 

"State of WI needs to invalidate all non resident fishing licenses. Wish they wouldn't have even been selling them when all this has been going on. 

Stop the non-resident sale would be a quick way to end some of the influx of out of state anglers."

So your assertion isn't to slow the spread of this virus, but to keep those pesky out of state fishermen from invading your territory. It's easily perceived that you must feel this way all the time. I'm sure you have never travelled out of state for some type of recreation?

What about people from WI should they be able to fish in say,Canada? 

Clearly you have a shallow simple mind fishound, my sympathies.

4/4/20 @ 1:28 PM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01

As this unfolds and with what I’ve been able to find, it strikes me that, with  some exceptions, the tracking of covid-19 is being done on a county by county basis. Seems to stand to reason that’s what we could very well see come about as being the basic definition of “in your community”. I know, I know...what about the fishin’ folk whose closest and usual fishin’ holes are only 4 or how-ever-many miles in the next county and the closest in their home county is over 10. Or for some other legitimate reason the county-as-community isn’t the most viable for some.  Unfortunately some sort of definition of “in your community” needs to be addressed for folks to be able to wrap their heads around.   Just no two ways about it being another train wreck on top of a whole bunch of train wrecks no matter what.   

Dave (Golden) is reporting his county closures in CO. Don’t think for a minute it can’t or won’t happen here. Especially with so many just blowing off the social distancing when it comes to piling into boats and/or having come from distances that by most sense and sensibilities wouldn’t be even remotely considered “in your community” in usual and customary context. 

I’ve not seen any updates in a few days about Winneconne’s initial restrictions on their fishing piers so hopefully that’s working through this crap so there’s at least some access for the locals.  City of Ashland has closed all their Lake Superior accesses. Including the beaches.

My doc’s office (FdL Regional Clinic located in St. Agnes Hosp) called yesterday to reschedule my 4-20 routine checkup. Earliest they’re re-setting routine appts is the end of July. I asked the lady how many c-19 hospitalizations are there. 2. She stated they’re estimating 1 1/2 to 2 weeks for it to ramp up there. So....I guess just because it may not be where you are, doesn’t mean it’s not gonna be coming. 

4/4/20 @ 10:30 AM
Net-Man
User since 3/26/20

Unfortunately for many the Governor's mandate only states that staying in your local community as a recommendation. The DNR does not have the authority to change this and mandate 10 miles, 20 miles or 50 miles as a traveling restriction.

The social distancing requirement however is the current law of the land. We would all be better off if they would enforce this instead of closing boat ramps.

There surely are too many people in boats not following this social distancing requirement which is unfortunate for those that are following the rules.

4/4/20 @ 7:17 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

State of WI needs to invalidate all non resident fishing licenses. Wish they wouldn't have even been selling them when all this has been going on. 

Stop the non-resident sale would be a quick way to end some of the influx of out of state anglers.

4/4/20 @ 5:45 AM
Bigpike1
User since 2/28/02

Cant wait til they close the local county campground on the local lake.  Ice and snow should be gone this next week. Once corona passes there will be plenty of time to come fish and camp.

4/3/20 @ 7:56 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Oconto boat launch being closed.

4/3/20 @ 5:14 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

I went out to a lake today, 25 miles from my house. I dont think I was any closer to 50 feet from the closest person at the launch. However, I did see a group of people, apparantly a wedding party by the launch. About 10, and they were NOT practicing social distancing. Some people just dont get it !!!!

4/3/20 @ 10:40 AM
Pearle68
User since 9/13/09

Brews - they were definitive in stating that 20 miles is too many.  Hopefully people have enough sense to not pour into the river runs as if nothings changed.  Stay local is the clear message.

4/3/20 @ 8:56 AM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10

Until there is a definitely stated amount of miles one can't travel to engage in outdoor activities,  it's all speculation on everyone's part as to what is acceptable.  Now that spring runs are in full swing and more people want to get out, more problems with will arise. Check out the Winneconne pier forum, they are chasing away non locals it sounds like. I hope I'm wrong but I'm afraid all launches will be shut down state wide soon. I don't agree with it because we need to get back to normal as soon as possible. This whole thing has become one big nightmare with no winner in the end.

4/3/20 @ 8:08 AM
Pearle68
User since 9/13/09

I asked the DNR and they responded "stay in your community and with your family and enjoy the outdoors."  I asked "so I can trailer my boat to a lake with my kids and go fishing" - response: "Yes - enjoy the outdoors, just stay in your community".  I responded - "is a lake 20 miles away my community" - DNR response "stay closer to home, that's too far."  I responded "is 10 miles OK?"  No response.  There is not an objective limit.  Local police in Waukesha County are not pulling people over or interested in 3 people fishing in a boat.  They are breaking up large groups of people hanging out at parks/school grounds, etc.  Mostly kids out of school

4/2/20 @ 2:09 PM
Musky Ben
User since 3/13/02

Wausau public park workers were putting docks in yesterday per Channel 7 news as an opportunity for people to fish or boat as it was reported in the story...  I tried to find the link, but was unable to do so.

Musky Ben 

4/1/20 @ 4:28 PM
FishermanOne
FishermanOne
User since 3/15/10

Last week I was told by the PDC Police Dept. that we can indeed go fishing.

4/1/20 @ 3:03 PM
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
User since 9/6/13

Thanks Prop, I thought I was losing my mind, I’m pretty gullible!

4/1/20 @ 2:26 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

yes Lj that is just a joke post.....it has been going around for quite a while now....no truth to it at all.....

4/1/20 @ 10:21 AM
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
User since 9/6/13

By May 2nd we should know where we are with the virus.  I am thinking public boat launches will be closed.  People that live on the lakes will have the opportunity to fish but others that rely on boat launches will be sol.  

I saw something on Facebook from Barraboo fishing site that stated if you wanted to fish you had to contact the DNR and let them know the area, topographics, structure, depths and so on and so forth.  I dismissed it as fake news.  Has anyone else seen this?

Displaying 76 to 90 of 178 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE