Lake-Link
CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT FROM LAKE-LINK

Are we allowed to fish

3/23/20 @ 5:23 PM
ORIGNAL POST
marvin1965
marvin1965
User since 6/19/15

Do any one have a clear understanding  of the restrictions?

Called local bait shop he was opening he didn't know about tomorrow..

If we can go for a walk and keep social distance.. Can we go boating 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 81 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 4:11 PM
PopIsNotDead
User since 10/2/06

I think we just got our definition of “community”.

3/30/20 @ 10:28 PM
Shackelfort
Shackelfort
User since 2/22/17

For Christ sake already ask anyone ( never mind not anyone) you can fish all you want, just don't fill a party boat and say its fishing. keep your distance like any decent fisherman and anyone would be glad your fishing instead of hoarding at the store... hardware stores are open for bait. good luck, stay safe.  

3/30/20 @ 5:58 PM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

We will honor the county’s letter,but my hope it is not open season for squatters, or Nobody is coming up time to help ourself to some free stuff! Can’t blame the full time residents though if it gets bad they just don’t have the resources to handle it. 

3/30/20 @ 5:02 PM
Buydontselle
User since 6/10/17

I am generally a glass half empty type of guy as I find that to be an easier way to live. After hearing about how busy the Mississippi and other similar bodies of water and being out and about enjoying some decent weather on Friday/Today. I think it's only going to be a matter of time before all the boat launches are shut down. I can wait a couple weeks of not fishing systems that aren't real close to town if that means I can enjoy a good opener up north! 

Kinda thankful for this high water for once! 

Stay safe and be smart out there folks! 

3/30/20 @ 12:45 PM
Timmothy A
MEMBER since 5/17/09

I agree that if you go to your cabin and stay on your property, do your thing, then go home that there is no harm or foul on that.  I also see no harm in going fishing with the family members who is living with me as long as we steer clear of others.

3/30/20 @ 11:23 AM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

Son in law got a letter from the county our cottage is located in! Said don’t come up to the cottage! Work has to be done,nobody anyware near us! Does not make any sense if no personal contact is going to be made! People can walk on state trail 1/4 mile from cottage but I cannot do maintenance on my property? Little over an 2 hour drive, don’t even have to get gas!

3/30/20 @ 10:42 AM
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

I may go up to my place this week.  But it is in a no cases county.  But I will take food from here , and my nearest neighbors are 1/4 mile away  . So as long as I don't interact with anyone  , it should be ok .

3/30/20 @ 9:37 AM
Timmothy A
MEMBER since 5/17/09

This "within your community" limit is just dumb.  We need defined restrictions.  Then he comes out and says not to go to cabins but tells us to travel all over the state to use state parks. All of this wishy washy crap is the last thing we need right now.

3/29/20 @ 2:46 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

I think this might be a good excuse to get fishing boat 100% ready. It will warm up quick. 

3/29/20 @ 12:53 PM
Net-Man
User since 3/26/20

Go and look at the Fox River Depere fishing reports on Lake-Link and read the recent reports. After reading these you then decide if every one is following the 6' distancing requirement.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 81 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.