Lake-Link
CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT FROM LAKE-LINK

Are we allowed to fish

3/23/20 @ 5:23 PM
ORIGNAL POST
marvin1965
marvin1965
User since 6/19/15

Do any one have a clear understanding  of the restrictions?

Called local bait shop he was opening he didn't know about tomorrow..

If we can go for a walk and keep social distance.. Can we go boating 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 77 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 6:55 AM
Bigpike1
User since 2/28/02

As the cases explode across the state I see many out of towners at there cabins this weekend again. People out walking around the lake I have never seen before. People from Illinois, people from Kenosha, Marshfield. etc. etc. 

I guess we are all in for some hard lessons. Even the ones who are obeying the current lockdown conditions and taking all the precautions 

TODAY @ 6:46 AM
Chiltonhead
User since 6/27/11

If you go to the pride dam tomahawk thread on wi fishing reports. Rob Manthie a well redpected guide hit the nail square. I see door cty is now like my home vilas cty,onieda,bayfield that are asking for the snowflakes and tourists to stay home. Theyre not. I me mine trumps us we them. A Isle on the cisco chain,3 weeks ago it was boarded up,Friday a party with music blasting.  Owners,of cosrse, ,Illoneesians.Door cty can see the influx in semis ordered at the stores. You think those folk will stay in for 14 days. Not. Those folks have never cared about locals till they need us. This reminds me of Obamacare, where when people were told what to do...Americans are vain. Big garage party got busted east of phelps,,idiots. Like the people running all over,with this,you can run but can't hide. Pretty soon itll have to be like the civil war and home gaurds will be set up. 

TODAY @ 5:34 AM
Fishin Deep
Fishin Deep
User since 1/1/11

Their separating the infections by county so I'll fish within my county. Love to haul my gear up to Petenwell when it opens up but Adams county has 0 infections. Doesn't seem right for me to unknowingly drag the virus there. That's my take on this. Later on when they start showing infections there, ?????????????

3/28/20 @ 10:31 PM
Net-Man
User since 3/26/20

Prop-buster, thank you for your intellectual insight

3/28/20 @ 8:25 PM
PopIsNotDead
User since 10/2/06

I think the problem that my wife and I are grappling with is what *exactly* is too far to travel.  We respect the non-essential travel guideline and don't want to take unnecessary risks.  That being said, we live in Mequon, and the nearest boat landing is Port Washington, 18 miles away.  Once the weather gets nicer it's going to be so damn hard to resist the temptation to put the boat in and troll, and it would just be nice to know for sure whether or not that was a possibility.  I'm guessing not.

3/28/20 @ 7:05 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

well thank you Net-Man for YOUR opinion LOL....am sure it will be cherished by everyone on LL......

3/28/20 @ 5:47 PM
Bofish 3
User since 3/25/20

I am not here to argue or have my post deleted. I am fine with the gov order, but I think most of us would agree, it would be nice if it was more specific. He does mention in the order- "your own community" and "essential travel examples".  I can see posting on here will not change some people minds. I love fishing just like 95%  or more of the people on this site do. I feel bad for people that don't have a decent spot to fish in their community or close to their house. I don't see a problem where I live and fish in regard to the social distancing. I, as well as most people would not want to see this virus take off and overwhelm the small communities and hospitals north of hwy 29 or south of 29 for that matter. By travelling out of your own communities, people can be spreading it without even knowing it

3/28/20 @ 4:53 PM
Hothead
User since 10/9/05

So we may have to go through this all over again. Don't think financially we would survive. 

3/28/20 @ 4:42 PM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

Hothead my wife's coworker's son is in medical field in Florida. He told is mom yesterday that they are planning on this virus to be back in fall.

3/28/20 @ 4:35 PM
Hothead
User since 10/9/05

I just had a bad thought, is this virus going to be like the flu and be back again next year. I know they have shots for the flu but it doesn't stop them all.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 77 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.