Lake-Link
CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT FROM LAKE-LINK

Are we allowed to fish

3/23/20 @ 5:23 PM
ORIGNAL POST
marvin1965
marvin1965
User since 6/19/15

Do any one have a clear understanding  of the restrictions?

Called local bait shop he was opening he didn't know about tomorrow..

If we can go for a walk and keep social distance.. Can we go boating 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 133 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 1:29 PM
Walleyes4u
Walleyes4u
User since 4/4/19

Governor Evers closed state parks starting tomorrow next will be the dnr launches 

TODAY @ 1:09 PM
benuts
benuts
User since 1/19/02

Thanks Fish, I was close!   

And yet DePere stays open. Why???

TODAY @ 12:49 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01

It was 3 different states, 34 different counties!  not a SINGLE vehicle was from Oconto County!  There's something wrong there!  Fish local! If you can't find a lake or river within 30 minutes of where you live you don't live in Wisconsin!  The fish will be there next year and the next year and so on.  I love fishing the Wolf River, grew up fishing there, but I'm not driving 2 hours north to go and fish there now, I can catch plenty of fish right where I live!

Fox 11 News Article Regarding Oconto County

TODAY @ 12:34 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Not a very reliable source Benuts. Oconto was already  closed Wednesday.  It was 3 out of state licenses, not 30. Correct that there were no Oconto residents parked at the landing when the city did their survey

TODAY @ 12:20 PM
Timmothy A
MEMBER since 5/17/09

State Parks are all closed for the duration of the lockdown.  Too many people too big of a mess.  What did they expect after they encouraged everyone to come and come for free?  

Opening camping weekend is opening weekend for fishing.  It's doomed.

TODAY @ 11:57 AM
benuts
benuts
User since 1/19/02

From a reliable source.  There was a license plate check at Oconto landing yesterday.  120 plates were checked.  NONE came up as Oconto residents and 30 some were out of state.  Nice.

TODAY @ 10:55 AM
X-Ray
X-Ray
User since 3/30/15

I agree, it's only a matter of time before all launches get shut down.  I've been out twice.  The first time I watched a charter boat get launched and observed other boats with 3 to 4 people on board, but they could have been families.  The second time the charter boats were out fishing and so were the guides.  The one guide boat was definitely not family.  When the weather warms, the pleasure boaters will be out and it will all end abruptly.................

TODAY @ 10:37 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Does this just move the "problems" to county and city parks?

Seems the state may be better equipped to enforce rules and regs than passing it down the chain to lower levels.

TODAY @ 10:28 AM
Stitzo
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01

Yeah......I fished Sunday @ High Cliff. The harbor wasn’t crowded. Everybody maintaining distance. The other lots were packed. Couldn’t help but think when driving in it was as heavy or heavier than summer traffic. Pretty much figured then that closures would happen. 

TODAY @ 10:19 AM
haf2fsh
MEMBER since 6/23/01

Just released 40 state parks will be closed tomorrow, until further notice. More information on DNR website.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 133 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.