Lake-Link
CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT FROM LAKE-LINK

Are we allowed to fish

3/23/20 @ 5:23 PM
ORIGNAL POST
marvin1965
marvin1965
User since 6/19/15

Do any one have a clear understanding  of the restrictions?

Called local bait shop he was opening he didn't know about tomorrow..

If we can go for a walk and keep social distance.. Can we go boating 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 94 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 10:30 AM
Net-Man
User since 3/26/20

Unfortunately for many the Governor's mandate only states that staying in your local community as a recommendation. The DNR does not have the authority to change this and mandate 10 miles, 20 miles or 50 miles as a traveling restriction.

The social distancing requirement however is the current law of the land. We would all be better off if they would enforce this instead of closing boat ramps.

There surely are too many people in boats not following this social distancing requirement which is unfortunate for those that are following the rules.

TODAY @ 7:17 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

State of WI needs to invalidate all non resident fishing licenses. Wish they wouldn't have even been selling them when all this has been going on. 

Stop the non-resident sale would be a quick way to end some of the influx of out of state anglers.

TODAY @ 5:45 AM
Bigpike1
User since 2/28/02

Cant wait til they close the local county campground on the local lake.  Ice and snow should be gone this next week. Once corona passes there will be plenty of time to come fish and camp.

4/3/20 @ 8:46 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

It’s killin’ me...

22 miles to the trout stream - closest point.  30 miles to preferred sections.

I’d feel guilty if’n I went.  

Mississippi is at flood stage, but it’s like two miles from my house.  So if the itch gets too bad, I guess it’ll be come he11 or high water...

4/3/20 @ 7:56 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Oconto boat launch being closed.

4/3/20 @ 5:14 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

I went out to a lake today, 25 miles from my house. I dont think I was any closer to 50 feet from the closest person at the launch. However, I did see a group of people, apparantly a wedding party by the launch. About 10, and they were NOT practicing social distancing. Some people just dont get it !!!!

4/3/20 @ 10:40 AM
Pearle68
User since 9/13/09

Brews - they were definitive in stating that 20 miles is too many.  Hopefully people have enough sense to not pour into the river runs as if nothings changed.  Stay local is the clear message.

4/3/20 @ 8:56 AM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10

Until there is a definitely stated amount of miles one can't travel to engage in outdoor activities,  it's all speculation on everyone's part as to what is acceptable.  Now that spring runs are in full swing and more people want to get out, more problems with will arise. Check out the Winneconne pier forum, they are chasing away non locals it sounds like. I hope I'm wrong but I'm afraid all launches will be shut down state wide soon. I don't agree with it because we need to get back to normal as soon as possible. This whole thing has become one big nightmare with no winner in the end.

4/3/20 @ 8:08 AM
Pearle68
User since 9/13/09

I asked the DNR and they responded "stay in your community and with your family and enjoy the outdoors."  I asked "so I can trailer my boat to a lake with my kids and go fishing" - response: "Yes - enjoy the outdoors, just stay in your community".  I responded - "is a lake 20 miles away my community" - DNR response "stay closer to home, that's too far."  I responded "is 10 miles OK?"  No response.  There is not an objective limit.  Local police in Waukesha County are not pulling people over or interested in 3 people fishing in a boat.  They are breaking up large groups of people hanging out at parks/school grounds, etc.  Mostly kids out of school

4/2/20 @ 2:09 PM
Musky Ben
User since 3/13/02

Wausau public park workers were putting docks in yesterday per Channel 7 news as an opportunity for people to fish or boat as it was reported in the story...  I tried to find the link, but was unable to do so.

Musky Ben 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 94 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.