SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Angler Education

11/19/19 @ 2:21 PM
INITIAL POST
Oalaskan
PRO MEMBER User since 10/2/14

I am writing as a representative of an R3 Angler Education group. R3 stands for  - Recruitment, Retention, Reactivation. This is  nationwide movement intended to increase the numbers of people participating in fishing (there is hunting R3 too).

Our La Crosse group consists of members of the U.S. F.W.S., D.N.R., and a couple non -profit groups. We are currently planning a February class with up to 20 novice, adult anglers. Potentially, we could use some ideas and support:

Where would we take a first time group on two consecutive February weekends - the 22nd and 29th so that there might be a decent chance to catch fish in the general La Crosse area with a nearby porta potty and place to clean fish? Yes, this is a tall order.

Once we get enough people hooked on ice fishing, we'll worry less about these amenities on future outings.

Would some people reading this post potentially be interested in helping our R3 group?

While I'm on the subject, the Kicking Bear group plans to host its first annual Kids Fishing Tournament off Schaeffer's Landing - Lake Onalaska on January 18th. That event too, will be supported by other outdoor nonprofits, but we could use experienced anglers to help the kids and their families have a better chance for success.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
2/24/20 @ 1:34 PM
Oalaskan

This is Mike following up on the recent R3 Angler Education class in the La Crosse area. These classes are intended to teach adults who never learned to fish or perhaps are returning to it after a long absence, how to get into it. We gathered on Feb. 19, 20, 22, and 23/ 2020.

We had a class of 12 people. The median age of the group was in the late 50s, which was a surprise for me. I was thinking more younger adults. You couldn't have handpicked a nicer bunch of people.

We did two night classes in a state office building, an ice fishing outing at Stoddard, and finally a fish cooking class at a local church. It was a terrific thing to be involved with.

The class was so enthusiastic that they want to form a fishing buddy group, so we can continue to socialize and learn to fish different ways.

If you want to be involved with this movement, scroll around on this topic and you will see the people to contact. You can also look on the GoWild site.

These classes are exactly what we need to get more people involved in fishing. 

1/24/20 @ 1:43 AM
SvenTaow
SvenTaow
User since 1/24/20

Hello,

How can I apply to become a Certified Angler Education Instructor? I worked as an Aquatic Education video lessons editor and Texas Aquatic Science workshop contributor 2 years ago .

Aquatic Science and Environmental Science courses, college programs and essay writer competition for high schools 

11/22/19 @ 12:17 PM
Oalaskan

What is a method to ensure that there are more fishermen and women in the future? Reach out to people in your community and teach them the skills.That's what the R3 movement is about. Recruitment/ retention/ reactivation. Get new people involved,keep the current fisher people interested, and get people formerly interested back into it.There is an R3 Instructor Workshop in at Lussler Family Heritage, Madison on Wednesday, Jan.8th, 2020 and one at the D.N.R. Service Center in Spooner on March 19th.

You can also arrange for a training in your area. Four hour classes for certification. The curriculum is basically - Fish and habitat/ know your gear/ outing or two/ cook your fish.

Registration is available on the GoWild site or by contacting Andrew Krismer 608-333-2057 or Theresa Stabo 608-577-6332.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE