MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Tichigan Lake

Access to Lake Tichigan by Boat

3/28/24 @ 11:09 AM
INITIAL POST
IowaTinRig
PRO MEMBER User since 3/28/24

I will be visiting a friend in the area and we would like to fish on Lake Tichigan.  I see the ramp up by the bridge.  Is it possible/safe to run on plane all the way from the ramp to the main lake?  I have a 19 ft aluminum bass boat with a hydraulic jack plate.  Looks like a long idle if not.

Access to Lake Tichigan by Boat photo by IowaTinRig
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
4/6/24 @ 9:40 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
Sigh!
4/6/24 @ 8:36 PM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
User since 3/29/20
Took the boat for a ride today on tichigan and launched from the bridge road launch and was able to run on plane from the river all the way to the main basin and also from the main basin downriver to the dam no issues except bumped bottom lightly out in front of the river in conservancy bay . Was in a 18ft fish and ski with a 90hp merc on the back river is definitely high though!
4/5/24 @ 9:31 PM
doorman
[email protected]
PRO MEMBER User since 11/15/21
Before you get out of the river, have your boat on plane! Run straight out from the river almost to the property that will be in front of you and then cut a hard right following the properties on you left side. Do not stop or slow down until you are near the mouth of the lake. Going fast,  staying on plane, and staying in the middle
is the key going up or down that stretch of the river! The river is 1-3 feet in most of that stretch!
3/28/24 @ 9:49 PM
Fishn Jimmy
Fishn Jimmy
User since 7/21/01
you can travel on plane up the river to the main lake staying pretty much in the center of the river... the library launch doesnt open until April 1
3/28/24 @ 11:17 AM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02
Iowa, go back a couple of years on this post and you will find a number of responses, including mine, on hot to proceed to the lake with your boat, it should be no problem, I do it all the time with a 16.5 and a 50 hp.
Find the original tichigan lake thread.
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE