MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

39hrs Fishing Tournament

1/22/20 @ 10:34 PM
INITIAL POST
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Anyone else watching this fishing tournament on YouTube?  Its really cool if you like multispecies angling.  

Displaying 1 to 15 of 26 posts
2/25/20 @ 6:45 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

I have some ideas for the next season of 39 hours.  That show is so great!  I hope there are more seasons to come.

2/19/20 @ 4:33 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

OOOOHHHHH YEAH! I'm thinking Team Manitoba is going to take it.  The only way they lose is if multiple teams steal points from them in the last session, and if the Konrads catch something like cutthroat trout (things that can't get stolen), or take back the Pike Point or steal the Rock Bass Point.

You know what's cool.  I do a review video after each episode and several people who I love watching have comment on my videos!  Jay Siemens, from Team Manitoba, Taro Murata from Team TackleBox Lottery, and a guy that fishes with Aaron, Clayton Schick have all commented!  Uncut Angling even posted one of my videos on their homepage.  Maybe someday I'll get to fish with one of those guys.

2/17/20 @ 10:48 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Thanks for the tips on how to target buffalo in that lake, JKB.  How would you though, like in the middle of the summer?  What do you use?  Where do they situate themselves in a lake?  I'd like to target smallmouth buffalo, but I'm not really sure how in like the Wisconsin River or Lake Wisconsin.  Are there smallmouth buffalo in Beaver Dam Lake?  Sorry for all the questions.

2/15/20 @ 9:33 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Yeah, it's too bad they didn't take advantage of the different species that are available in Wisconsin.  I will say, I think they legitimately tried for Musky.  On day two, I believe they were on Oconomowoc Lake and then Pewaukee Lake.  They just couldn't get any to bite.  I wish they went to the Rock River or Wisconsin River.  I've caught buffalo and bowfin out of the rock.  Then there's the Wisconsin where I've caught gar, sturgeon, and quillback.  I'm not sure they did the research to really be ready against the other teams that have done this before.  

Does anyone know of a lake where you can consistently target Buffalo?  I'd just like to know because the buffalo in the Rock are unpredictable as far as them being around to target.

2/15/20 @ 8:46 PM
5.4_Triton
5.4_Triton
User since 1/4/20

Gentleman, thank you for pointing me into the right direction! Where do I begin? I’ll start off by saying team Saskatchewan/Dakota Lithium are just phenomenal fisherman, very precise & well organized. I have been fairly disappointed in team acme kalins , I feel like they are very unorganized, they don’t have a sense of urgency by getting on the water late all the time, & the chemistry isn’t there between the 2. 

2/14/20 @ 9:41 AM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Yeah.  I'm hesitant to criticize APBassin' because I think they are hoping he brings more eyes to the show, but he is overmatched. The research they could have done beforehand would have helped a ton.  You don't have to be a pro fisherman to target bottom feeders.  Just go to different places, put a worm on the bottom and see what bites.

2/13/20 @ 11:45 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

I don't really think Team Acme Kalins knew what they were getting into.  Wisconsin just doesn't hold as many large fish as Canada does that are accessible in June.  They needed to go after things like Grass Pickerel, Gar, Bowfin, Shovelnose Sturgeon, Flathead Catfish... Things that could get them points but wouldn't get stolen.  It's just too hard in Wisconsin to catch a 42 inch lake trout, a 30 inch walleye, a 37 1/4 inch northern... 

2/13/20 @ 3:03 PM
WIfishndude32
User since 2/13/20

Saw the thread about 39 hours and got super excited. Absolutely love this show. How'd you guys feel about last night's episode?! I think the Wisconsin boys made a huge mistake targeting musky earlier in this competition and have had to play catch up ever since. People have feelings about Haataja (couple buddies of mine included) but still pretty cool as a Wisconsinite to see them fishing places I recognize. 

2/12/20 @ 4:34 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

I think Haataja was at Pewaukee Lake at the end of day two.  No luck with Musky.  He should go to the Wisconsin River.  Tons of opportunities there (He should get the flathead catfish point - Shovelnose sturgeon - Mooneye - Quillback - several more right there for the taking)

2/12/20 @ 1:50 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

Thanks for reminding me, everyone.  I need to catch up and watch season one!  I just subscribed to Uncut Angling a few months ago and got the notification for this show.  I've enjoyed it so far!

2/12/20 @ 1:48 PM
bmanor88
bmanor88
User since 9/27/12

Start of day three tonight! I'm excited to see Taro and Paul go to Simcoe. JUMBO PERCH BABY lol. Paul might be the best fisherman I've ever watched on youtube.

I bet you Eric takes AP to the Milwaukee Harbor/Pewaukee Lake on day three. They would have a decent chance on a ton of different species, and on Pewaukee it wouldn't be hard to get a dink musky for a cheap point. 

Also - on uncut angling's youtube channel I love the blooper reel. Manny is so damn funny on that. "I like fishing deeper because you get to fight the fish longer. - That was the dumbest thing I've ever said." lol

2/8/20 @ 1:27 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

I miss Manny as well!  Him saying Fluorocarbon was so hilarious!  They need to bring him back.  I also told my kids the tongue twister he said,  "Three smart fellers, they felt smart... Two smart fellers"

2/7/20 @ 3:40 PM
bmanor88
bmanor88
User since 9/27/12

I think we can all agree on this... I MISS MANNY! Dude was awesome on all the uncut angling videos.

These are just some of the issues you may have while using Flo0orcahrbin. Haha

1/25/20 @ 4:52 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

I think part of the fun in this tournament is intentionally pairing personalities together.  Haataja is an old dog and Peric is new blood.  Paul is a series fisherman and Taro (although a good fisherman) is a handful.  Aaron is entertaining no matter who he is with (Jay or last season with Manny), and the Konrad brothers are as pure sounding Canadian as can be.  I like watching them all!

1/23/20 @ 9:11 PM
Joe Cool
Joe Cool
User since 4/23/15

Listened to Jay Siemens live last night for a little bit. The 39hrs. concept sounded like it was based off a show or contest in Europe that Aaron Wiebe developed the idea for the first 39hrs. episode/YouTube video's.

Not real keen on why they picked Alex Peric to pair with who they did, but probably because of his YouTube status and his business dealings with Aaron Wiebe and Frostbite. Peric's boat is a disaster zone and did you see the size of the fricken net in his boat? Forget Muskies in this competition, there's no time to try get a point fishing for them. Let Peric be the young greenhorn YouTuber that has a lot life's hard lesson's to learn before he can compete with the rest of 39hrs. field. Think his parent's fed him Riddlin as a teenager.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 26 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE