LOGIN
Lake-Link

39hrs Fishing Tournament

1/22/20 @ 9:34 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Anyone else watching this fishing tournament on YouTube?  Its really cool if you like multispecies angling.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 26 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 5:45 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

I have some ideas for the next season of 39 hours.  That show is so great!  I hope there are more seasons to come.

2/19/20 @ 3:33 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

OOOOHHHHH YEAH! I'm thinking Team Manitoba is going to take it.  The only way they lose is if multiple teams steal points from them in the last session, and if the Konrads catch something like cutthroat trout (things that can't get stolen), or take back the Pike Point or steal the Rock Bass Point.

You know what's cool.  I do a review video after each episode and several people who I love watching have comment on my videos!  Jay Siemens, from Team Manitoba, Taro Murata from Team TackleBox Lottery, and a guy that fishes with Aaron, Clayton Schick have all commented!  Uncut Angling even posted one of my videos on their homepage.  Maybe someday I'll get to fish with one of those guys.

2/19/20 @ 10:08 AM
jkb
User since 6/25/02

Finale is today can’t wait to watch .

2/18/20 @ 1:55 AM
jkb
User since 6/25/02

Sorry I don't fish for carp.  I move to our retirement home in northern Wisconsin in the summer.  Sorry.  I have been told by the local fisheries biologist that they do not have the same feeding habits as the common carp and don't cause the same problems.

2/17/20 @ 9:48 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Thanks for the tips on how to target buffalo in that lake, JKB.  How would you though, like in the middle of the summer?  What do you use?  Where do they situate themselves in a lake?  I'd like to target smallmouth buffalo, but I'm not really sure how in like the Wisconsin River or Lake Wisconsin.  Are there smallmouth buffalo in Beaver Dam Lake?  Sorry for all the questions.

2/16/20 @ 2:42 AM
jkb
User since 6/25/02

Tiefsa,

Buffalo carp are abundant in Beaver Dam lake.  In the spring, the young carp are packed into the creek by Edgewater park.  There is a warm inflow from a shallow marsh and the young carp pack the creek top to bottom.  It is cool to see the pelicans herd the carp up stream and gobble up thousands in a few minutes.  Everyone complains that the pelicans eat too many panfish but they also keep the carp population under control.

2/15/20 @ 8:33 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Yeah, it's too bad they didn't take advantage of the different species that are available in Wisconsin.  I will say, I think they legitimately tried for Musky.  On day two, I believe they were on Oconomowoc Lake and then Pewaukee Lake.  They just couldn't get any to bite.  I wish they went to the Rock River or Wisconsin River.  I've caught buffalo and bowfin out of the rock.  Then there's the Wisconsin where I've caught gar, sturgeon, and quillback.  I'm not sure they did the research to really be ready against the other teams that have done this before.  

Does anyone know of a lake where you can consistently target Buffalo?  I'd just like to know because the buffalo in the Rock are unpredictable as far as them being around to target.

2/15/20 @ 7:46 PM
5.4_Triton
5.4_Triton
User since 1/4/20

Gentleman, thank you for pointing me into the right direction! Where do I begin? I’ll start off by saying team Saskatchewan/Dakota Lithium are just phenomenal fisherman, very precise & well organized. I have been fairly disappointed in team acme kalins , I feel like they are very unorganized, they don’t have a sense of urgency by getting on the water late all the time, & the chemistry isn’t there between the 2. 

2/14/20 @ 8:41 AM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Yeah.  I'm hesitant to criticize APBassin' because I think they are hoping he brings more eyes to the show, but he is overmatched. The research they could have done beforehand would have helped a ton.  You don't have to be a pro fisherman to target bottom feeders.  Just go to different places, put a worm on the bottom and see what bites.

2/14/20 @ 3:52 AM
jkb
User since 6/25/02

You are correct Tiefsa but Haataja fishes Lake Michigan all the time and could have gotten the coho, King, rainbow point as well as trying for the burbot, and whitefish point.  Trolling Green Bay in early June should have given them a chance at walleye, northern and possibly muskie.  You are also correct that time could have better spent trolling rather than casting specific lures for muskie.  Got to use the multi species approach.  I also think all of the planning was left to him because APbassin is clueless and didn't deserve to be in the competition in the first place.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 26 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.