SBE 2
User since 9/26/07
where's your's?

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 121 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/8/14 @ 7:45 AM
Fishingfun71902
User since 11/5/03
Big, I duck hunt out of a 16' Alumacract Classic. It takes a little extra work to camo something that big but it can be done. We actually used our rod holders to hold up PVC piping and then hang camo over the top of that. The picture I have is some new camo and I think needs to be touched up some, but you can at least see in this bad photo the basic idea we came up with.

I will try to get a better photo once it is on the water.

Currently we have only done 3/4 of the boat with netting, but we will be getting around to doing the full boat, the netting also does not come straight up, which is hard to tell in the photo, it closes in towards the middle to reduce the amount of area that looks open from above. We then also lay down a camo netting on the floor to cover everything else up.

9/5/14 @ 3:21 PM
Tsquare86
Tsquare86
User since 5/10/10
Inland waters: Park the boat, get out, stand somewhere not near it, shoot birds. - no camo needed :-)

Big water: Lake Michigan gunship/medium dark gray.

9/5/14 @ 2:27 PM
Big Yonsson
Big Yonsson
User since 9/29/03
I have a 17 ft 88 wide lund mr pike. I want to try duck hunting with it on inland waters and maybe Lake Michigan. Any ideas about camo?!

8/31/14 @ 7:14 PM
Tsquare86
Tsquare86
User since 5/10/10
My marsh skiff. Will be out in it tomorrow, hello vegetation that is only 7" tall!

8/30/14 @ 7:18 PM
bassfreak_202
User since 4/8/10
I go out about 2 weeks before the season and cut cattails then ziptie them to the blind on my boat. contacted a state biologist and as long as you don't disturb the root system ur good to go. its the real thing and looks dam good. matches the "real" color towards the end of the season as well Cool

8/30/14 @ 2:19 PM
SHEEPD0G
SHEEPD0G
User since 5/22/12
I've had good luck with the Tanglefree brand grass mats, going on my 3rd year with them and will probably be able to get 2 more years out of them. However, when the time comes to replace them I'm gonna be ordering raffia grass from jstern. 25 lbs for about $130 will easily cover a boat blind and have extra for touch ups for future years, and you can order a few different colors to mix it up. If you're dead set on grass mats give it a couple weeks, fleet farm usually has them on sale the week or 2 before the opener.

8/29/14 @ 2:20 PM
PAPEYE
User since 7/7/04
need to re-grass the boat. any suggestions on a durable good brand of grass matts.

8/22/14 @ 12:13 PM
Duckmusky
Duckmusky
User since 12/31/11
What boat??

8/19/14 @ 10:09 AM
Blue Ribbon Outdoors
Blue Ribbon Outdoors
User since 9/11/08
Can you tell I like big water diver hunting? Haha. Sold the sea ark and got this tender this year. Rhino lined the inside and greeted the rest of it out. Can't wait to do some layout shooting!

8/16/14 @ 5:30 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09
new paint for that old boat. touched up the old dekes, and added paint to a kayak paddle. my trigger finger is a getting itchy! Big Smile

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 121 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.