Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Richard Bong State Rec Area Waterfowl Hunting

8/19/16 @ 5:52 PM
ORIGNAL POST
thefishingboy
User since 9/11/04

Has anyone ever rented the blinds here and hunted for ducks and geese? Buddy and I are thinking about entering the raffle to reserve a blind hopefully for a day or 2 this upcoming season. Just wondering if it's worth it or not.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/8/16 @ 1:58 PM
SCY2HTY
MEMBER since 2/11/12

fishing boy i sent you a message if you didnt get it call me at 262-989-0546

9/7/16 @ 2:33 PM
Surfer
User since 6/21/01

I've pheasant hunted down there for over 30 years. Sometimes a duck hunter will be coming in as we are going out, and their success is typically zero. Usually not worth your time. The only decent spot would be on the "big" lake, but the water level has been drawn down, and I don't know what their plans are with it. I certainly would not consider it a good opportunity for ducks.

9/7/16 @ 8:46 AM
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

guys hunt it, birds get pretty spooky out there with the constant barage of gunfire and dog activity once pheasant opens, idk if they allow pheasant hunting in the duck areas or not but i would guess most of those areas get hammered pretty good by bird and duck hunters.

9/6/16 @ 1:13 PM
thefishingboy
User since 9/11/04
No one has hunter here?!  Anyways I entered the raffle for 5 saturdays as my first choice and 5 sundays as my second choice.  Somehow i got all 5 saturdays AND blind choice that i picked.  Something doesnt sound right here.  I guess no one does hunt it 

8/30/16 @ 1:08 PM
recker44
User since 12/8/09

Never heard of it but if it is reserved blinds at least you wont be neck and neck like on some public areas. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.