LOGIN
Lake-Link

Marinette County next week - hunting buddy

10/19/17 @ 5:30 AM
ORIGNAL POST
hunt2labs
hunt2labs
User since 4/9/03

Heading for grouse next week near Goodman Park area on the Pestigo river. Reports of low numbers may push me to ducks. I've seen flocks of woodies on the river in past years but rarely another duck when I've hunted nearby flowages for ducks.

My buddies can't seem to get their butts up to duck hunt so I'm looking to see if anyone cares to join me or offer a little internet scouting advice. 

I can bring a lightweight jonboat, kayak or drag my 16' Herters with 25 horse short shaft up for big water.

Dog and plenty of decoys. 

57 yr old easy going guy looking to hunt Fri, Sat, Sun mornings for a bit.

Maybe float a river/creek?.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/22/17 @ 6:53 AM
hunt2labs
hunt2labs
User since 4/9/03

Thanks for that info. We usually do just that when we find good cover.

10/19/17 @ 7:12 AM
thinblueline
User since 1/25/10

I have been in that area several times over the past three weeks trying to get a young dog into birds. I have had no success killing a grouse because of the combination of few flushes, lots of leaves, and not even seeing most of what has flushed. 

i offer you this. You absolutely must get off the trails if you expect to flush grouse. There are some birds, but I’m not flushing anything off trails. Second, I got into a nice pocket of woodcock the last time I was there a week ago, so I expect the migration was probably in full swing this week and there should still be plenty around next week I’m hoping. Third, wear boots that can get wet because it was quite swampy where I was finding woodcock.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.