SEARCH
MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

looking to rent goose blind horicon area

9/15/20 @ 7:46 AM
INITIAL POST
mr.wally
User since 4/16/04

Been about 30 years, do farmers still rent blinds out? Can not find any info.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
9/27/20 @ 8:16 PM
mr.wally
User since 4/16/04

Thanks santa,just what i needed.

9/22/20 @ 7:41 PM
Bad Santa
User since 7/19/10

haven't been there for 10 + years, but used to go to Goose Haven on Cty Z outside Mayville/Kekoskee.

W3873 Kantin Rd. Mayville Wisconsin. (920) 948-5782. 

https://www.facebook.com/Goose-Haven-Gun-Club-LLC-113653125361121/

9/22/20 @ 11:44 AM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

I hunt in the Theresa area and it's the same situation.  Part of the problem is the refuge is WAY too grown over with cattails along Hwy. 28.  Years back there was a LOT of open water in the fall, now there's only a couple small pockets.  What they need to do is a drawdown and burn off some of the cattails & marsh grass to provide more habitat.

9/21/20 @ 7:28 PM
walleyeralph
User since 6/20/01

Don't waste your time. The geese flight patterns have changed they come out much higher how. Get away from the marsh and c what fields there landing in and ask the farmer.Ive only been turned down on sundays.I usually went west on hwy AW.Get on the east side of the birds and shoot the next flock coming from the marsh.Hope this helps some.

9/15/20 @ 8:34 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

A few years back wife and i rented a blind for an afternon along hwy 49. I was rekindling some fond memories from back in the 80's hunting geese at Horicon. Not even a smidge of what it was once was. Sad

Poked at more ducks then geese. As some have mentioned, getting permission is attainable from local landowners. 

Just not many geese around the area anymore.

9/15/20 @ 1:28 PM
Marsh Man 2
User since 9/20/10

I'm not aware of any farmers that rent blinds any more as when they did away with horicon zone no one bothers. I do know that several people I know have had luck with just asking farmers. Good luck! 

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE