LOGIN
Lake-Link

layout blind

11/11/15 @ 9:24 PM
ORIGNAL POST
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09
been debating getting a layout blind. is a khaki blind good enough cause you brush it up so much you never see it no more. i know camo is more veritable, just curios what you guys think.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/15/15 @ 5:22 PM
diver hunter 1987
User since 9/29/09
I own a field khaki Avery ground force blind and have had it for a very long time like 9 years ish. I've never felt that it looked like a blob in any way if you put enough cover on it. It blends in way better when you are hunting bean fields or chopped corn when there is barely any cover that's when the camo ones look like a blob. I like it light weight low profile and a huge huge factor to me is how it packs into a back pack style. I hunt a lot of fields where we can't drive into or hike back to potholes with little cover that you have to use layout blinds on and those blinds that don't fold into a back pack are a pain in the butt (besides the finisher that folds small enough). As far as my next blind it will be a camo m2 because I don't hunt a lot of chopped corn fields or bean fields anymore and hunt more field edges and pond edges where the camo blinds don't quit need as much brushing up. I haven't used the power hunter but I have had buddies who owned final approach blinds that were the "sleeping bag" style and because they didn't have frames about half way through the hunt they would have to re brush their blinds because it all fell off. Another thing I would stay away from are blinds with pins to hold together once again the ones I have seen people use with pins were a pain in the butt pins break, won't line up, or are just hard to get in when cold out. Ground force,power hunter, and m2 have no pins.

11/13/15 @ 8:43 AM
breal
breal
User since 10/12/10
So someone is trying to say, a solid color blind won't have a "blob" appearance? Huh? And it makes more sense to spend more time "covering" the blind to "camo" it, rather than just buy a camo blind? Don't see it.

11/12/15 @ 1:24 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12
That's the one I use. I own 2 of them. Economical, low frill but functional blind. Check out Rogers Sporting Goods. They often have best pricing.

11/12/15 @ 11:21 AM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09
anyone ever use averys powerhunter? like the fact that its light wait and very low profile.

11/12/15 @ 10:39 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12
Khaki is the way to go. I use mine in WI and also ND and the khaki actually blends much better than camo in most situations. I find that the camo "blobs" too much in the preponderance of grass colors you see in late fall hunting. Also, as was already pointed out, they can be significantly cheaper!

11/12/15 @ 10:26 AM
Boder
User since 2/13/03
khaki will get the job done just fine and save you a couple of bucks too. definitely mud it up like others have said and brush it in real good with stubble or whatever type of field you are in.

11/12/15 @ 9:13 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10
Griz, my opinion, I'd go with the camo. Chisel plowed fields are tough picking. It's hard to find enough cover to get a camo blind to look good sometimes. But most important, like said, knock the shine off (mud it). Half bucket of dirt and add water till you get a soup. Then spread it all over the blind and let dry. Good luck. Look at the finisher blind, real nice. I don't care for my beavertail, my son's mancave is nice, the head rest is a little uncomfortable. But a couple weeks ago in a scramble as birds came in, we jumped in the nearest blind, I landed in my buddy's finisher. Nice, real nice.

11/11/15 @ 9:38 PM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11
Khaki is fine if you grass it up good. If a bird picks out the blind because it sees too much khaki color, you should have either shot it already or grassed it up more. The biggest thing is blending it in with the surrounding area and trying to make it blend in as good as possible. Dull the shine of the fabric by rubbing mud into it. Keep your head down and face covered up! I'd highly recommend a tyvek snow cover as well.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.