Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Layout Blind Options

9/18/14 @ 11:37 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Duck Dodger
User since 11/5/09
I'm going to be trying my hand at field hunting this year. I don't have the money to put towards a layout blind, but was thinking about using my otter sled to lay in and cover up with a camo blanket. I would obviously have to brush the blanket up a bit to help with realism. But mainly wondering if anyone else has ever used an otter sled in this manner and how it worked out. Figure the sled will help with toting things out into the field as well. I do have the sides of the sled painted with a grass type pattern, but know that it's not realistic enough. Any thoughts are appreciated.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/29/14 @ 7:35 PM
All Quacked Up
All Quacked Up
User since 9/27/04
Not really a layout blind question but I dinna want to start a new thread. My question is: what sort of blind do y'all use for your canoe? I want to put outriggers on my canoe and attach a blind to it and hunt out the canoe instead of in the bog, or land or whatever. Id like to think that some of youse out there have done this very thing. I'm thinking the Cabelas marsh grass attached to one of the many frames out there. Just not sure if that would attached well to a canoe or not. Any ideas or pics would be awesome. I spose I should check out the duckboats thread before I post this. Too late ;)

-Quacked

9/18/14 @ 3:07 PM
CazTrait
CazTrait
User since 6/15/01
A foam mat and a piece of burlap.

9/18/14 @ 12:24 PM
1cast-away
User since 2/2/09
I don't see why it wouldn't work...birds are getting smarter by the day however. Make sure you disguise the height of the sled , no shadows. Decoys make for great camoflauge. Stick a few around it , especially where you think it looks odd and definitely on the side you think birds will approach from. FYI otter sleds don't pull so great when not on snow.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.