LOGIN
Lake-Link

Goose Calling

10/19/14 @ 12:52 PM
ORIGNAL POST
bigfish35
bigfish35
User since 3/29/13
Hey guys I have duck hunted quite a bit and decided to try some goose hunting so I could get out more but I am having trouble calling the geese in. I am seeing plenty of geese but am struggling to call them in. Was out this morning and had 6 geese fly 50 yards over head and it was like they didn't even know I was calling. Just wondering if you guys have any tips and/or calling sequences that work for you. All help is appreciated.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/26/14 @ 12:13 PM
CZMark
User since 12/13/10
Google "Molt Gear" and buy the Bad Grammer CD or DVD

10/21/14 @ 8:40 AM
OO Buckshot
User since 10/4/05
get a goose calling video and practice. not saying your a terrible caller but some people that are calling in the marsh don't sound goosey. Acrylic calls produce a much crisper and cleaner sound. Ive called in and got geese to set down on the water without any goose decoys out. Best way to kill geese though is to scout and set up where the geese want to be. half dozen decoys and you dont have to call much at all. It awesome to see them locked up from 300 yards out and glide right to you.

10/21/14 @ 8:24 AM
DuckSlayin88
User since 9/13/11
I'm going to agree with some of the comments listed below. To me... having a black flag or extra decoys out is more important. Flocks are pretty big in the area I hunt right now, so I'm trying to duplicate what I see. If they arent responding to a call, change it up and dont call. Big flocks are hard to decoy (lot of eyeballs looking around), so sit perfectly still. Keep after it and good luck!

10/20/14 @ 8:14 PM
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09
Don't know how long you've been goose hunting but don't expect to get super results when you're first going out. Sometimes geese won't respond to your call. They have their minds made up on where they are going and are just running quiet. There is a ton to learn; which "call" to use, when to use it, calling aggressive, calling "quietly" etc . Your best bet is to hook up with someone who knows how to call and will take the time to teach you some of the in's and outs of goose hunting. One thing you can also do is get to a spot where geese are roosting or feeding and kick back and listen. Each day is different and take note of conditions and what they are doing. Good luck! It's a lot of fun when it comes together! Big Smile

10/19/14 @ 2:13 PM
bigfish35
bigfish35
User since 3/29/13
I only have a dozen right now but have another dozen that have been ordered and are on the way.

10/19/14 @ 1:22 PM
bnkrnr
bnkrnr
User since 1/25/11
imo geese are about numbers. how many dec's did you have out?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.