Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

goose advice

10/6/15 @ 8:24 PM
ORIGNAL POST
mike51098
User since 1/10/08
I'm hunting a field, geese coming in, ducks flying around.

I've setup laying in the cut corn no blind with success, also set decoys closer to trees so I could sit in grass with some success.

Which method do you recommend??

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/8/15 @ 6:36 AM
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09
Low cost lay-out blind-- Burlap. Just plain burlap. Cut small slits in it to hold corn or wheat stubble or whatever you are hunting in. When you're done, roll it up and throw it in the truck. Need a little head support? Take an old pillow, scrunch it a little and cover with the same burlap. Does it work? You bet! Cost much? Nope. Good Luck! Big Smile

10/7/15 @ 8:13 PM
FisherofMen64
FisherofMen64
User since 9/15/15
You can buy decent layout blinds for 70 bucks. You don't need to spend 200 bucks. Get a cheap one. For hunting corn fields my advise is to "mud" your entire blind. Cover the whole thing in mud, let it dry then attach corn stubble to the sides and there you go. The later in the season the further away from the edges of the fields the geese will land.

10/7/15 @ 12:41 PM
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
goto fleet or craigslist and get a layout blind, there less than 200 bucks

10/6/15 @ 9:11 PM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11
By this time most geese are pretty well edumacated on edge hunting. Lay in the corn rows and cover yourself up with stubble and decoys. Lay somewhere off to the side of where you want the birds to focus on or expect them to land so they aren't focused on you. If it's sunny lay so the sun is at your back and they have to look towards the sun to see you.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.