LOGIN
Lake-Link

Duck season ending at the same time as gun deer

10/8/19 @ 10:57 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

Just wondering who else is getting screwed over on the late gun deer season. I'm sure I'm not alone on this. My end of the year spots that I save for the end of season will be over ran with deer hunters. I just dont understand some of the poor planning this state does with season dates when you hunt deer for like 5 months depending on your location. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/10/19 @ 2:13 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

I stand corrected.  The rule must be the Saturday before Thanksgiving, which I'd guess is most often the third Saturday.  Anyway you cut it, good luck with the change......

10/10/19 @ 2:03 PM
badgerstatehunter
User since 2/6/06
If they would change any season to not have this overlap, it wouldn't be the deer season.  Deer season is the week of Thanksgiving every year and that is never changing.  

10/10/19 @ 1:59 PM
samfox
User since 3/17/09

I believe that gun season opens the 4th Saturday in November this year. I also believe duck season opened as early as possible this year and deer season is as late as possible, so next year will be better for you.

10/9/19 @ 9:00 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

Wisconsin’s general gun deer hunting season opens the third Saturday in November.  There’s no bigger outdoor tradition in the state, and likely the entire U.S. of A.    

Good luck getting it changed   

10/9/19 @ 12:15 PM
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Depends on what you hunt for . Some want it early  , some late .

10/9/19 @ 8:33 AM
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

That's partially true. The most important part about Season Structure is set by the Feds and also coincides with the Season Structure of the surrounding States. Wisconsin then follows "suit" with that. It's actually a very involved deal.   Good luck this weekend!

10/9/19 @ 8:16 AM
Doug Stange's Evil Twin
User since 9/25/15

Most the season framework decisions are made for and by duck hunting groups advising the DNR what they want.  If you don't like it, get involved and express your opinion.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.