LOGIN
Lake-Link

Brands of Camo and why?

10/18/14 @ 6:40 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Wieland Outdoors
Wieland Outdoors
User since 3/27/10
I'm very curious as to your preferred brands of waterfowl patterned camos and why you like/dislike them. No doubt cost has a huge impact, as waterfowl hunting comes with a pretty hefty price tag. The Muddy Water camo has been pretty impressive to me so far. Unlike all the other patterns I have seen, the print image is based on a downward view as opposed to a horizontal view. Doesn't sound like a huge difference, but so far this year while set up on the water, I've had less flares. Not all of that is the camo, as dog movement and other factors apply. But so far, I'm very happy with the results and look of it.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 14 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/7/14 @ 1:29 PM
Wieland Outdoors
Wieland Outdoors
User since 3/27/10
I see manufactures closing out the Max 4. Also just seen the new Max 5 as the reason. I'm sure at the retail level, there is plenty yet to sell

11/5/14 @ 9:02 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10
All this talk about "patterns". Each one blends great in a certain area, you just need to pick one that works best in the areas you primarily hunt. But all "patterns" suck, when it's on a brand new piece of clothing. I don't care which one, until you wash it, leave it out in the sun for a while, wash it again, then mudd it, It's to crisp and shines. I also think it's entertaining, when you see guys hunting out of a brand spanking new layout blind. Out in the middle of a field with a corn stalk or two on the top "hiding". While the material/pattern flashes like a mirror. My son was shocked when we opened his new blind this year. We assembled it, he got in it, said "fits good, I like it", and I dumped two gallons of Mudd on it and started grinding it in.

11/5/14 @ 7:13 AM
Gans Jäger
User since 1/29/14
It kinda depends on where ya hunt, doesn't it? We field hunt geese. Max 4 looks better in a cornfield/beanfield than anything else i have seen in 30 plus years of goosewhackin'. I still remember the first time a guy wore it in one of my pits. I was struck by the matching colors of browns. We had been using advantage wetlands up until that point. Never looked back.

11/3/14 @ 10:10 AM
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09
I did some checking on the Net, tons of Max 4 and Max 4 HD are available in Waterfowl clothing and at Fabric stores. No mention of being discontinued. So where is your source on your statement? Just curious

11/2/14 @ 8:55 AM
Wieland Outdoors
Wieland Outdoors
User since 3/27/10
That Max 4 looks good from a horizontal view. I see its also discontinued

10/20/14 @ 8:04 PM
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09
Have to agree with T.S. Max 4 works great where we hunt. Good color mix for being in the marsh, cats and grass and even being in marsh willow bushes. It still boils down to blending in with your surroundings and keeping movement to a minimum. Smile

10/20/14 @ 5:09 PM
team_starcraft
team_starcraft
User since 9/25/02
Max 4 - is there even a second?

10/20/14 @ 10:09 AM
SFC S
User since 1/24/06
What kills me is that almost all the patterns are brown. No green? I'm usually hiding in brush, trees, woods, etc where a deer hunting pattern blends better than any yellow grass pattern would. I dont think the pattern is too important, I feel you need to be concealed as much as possible, and that your pattern alone will not do the trick. SI ut really isnt too important.

10/19/14 @ 4:09 PM
Boder
User since 2/13/03
Most all the camo i have is patterned in mossy oak duck blind. I got it last year when they were clearing it all out to make room from the new mossy oak shadow blades.

10/19/14 @ 9:59 AM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11
My all time favorite is Advantage Wetlands. I do not understand why it is discontinued. I agree that stillness is the best camo but there are times that a camo that blends into your surroundings does give some leeway for an imperfect situation. Almost all my hunting is on dry land and AW blended well with most situations for me. I have some leafy camo that I originally got primarily for turkeys but it has enabled me to hide in places (mostly 2" new winter wheat) that other camos could not for waterfowl.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 14 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.