Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Bismuth

9/18/19 @ 9:37 PM
ORIGNAL POST
nemab-man
User since 7/5/11

I saw at Cabela's that they got Kent Bismuth 1oz #5 in 20ga. So I bought a box. Think it'll wreck decoyed mallards inside of thirty yards?

It'd be nice to get my 20ga back in the blind.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/1/19 @ 7:19 PM
krusen_for_carp
krusen_for_carp
User since 10/7/16

the reason is becuase the stuff is really good. call their shop and they will tell u when theyre putting it on the website and then u can buy it quick

9/25/19 @ 12:10 PM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01

That BOSS stuff seems like a good deal, but they don't have any in 16 gauge right now.  

9/25/19 @ 10:02 AM
krusen_for_carp
krusen_for_carp
User since 10/7/16

yes it is a non-toxic shot so its approved.....its copper plated the copper plating makes the shot as close to being a circle as possible so it flys really straight. my favorite combo is 5 shot for ducks and 2 shot for geese with a mod choke when hunting timber and a full choke when shooting fields and marshes...this stuff hits hard! and patterns awesome 

9/22/19 @ 8:59 PM
nemab-man
User since 7/5/11

I checked out the BOSS website, looks like it is copper washed bismuth. Less expensive and the box is pretty too. Is it approved by los federales?

I opened up one of the Kent 28ga. Bismuth last fall just to see what was in it. Supposed to be size #6 but it looked smaller and the 7/8oz. shot charge was light by almost 1/16 ounce, which is a lot in a small bore. I had wacked blue wings with them but they were almost too light for that. 

I figure going up a shot size and 1/8oz. more shot from the 20ga. will get me all the way out there to 30 yards with decent penetration. So, Improved cylinder choke. Just gotta pattern a couple before Saturday.

9/22/19 @ 8:22 PM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01

I shoot 1 ounce of #5 Kent Bismuth out of a 16 gauge for pheasants in South Dakota...crunches them out to 40.

I really like it.

9/22/19 @ 6:51 PM
krusen_for_carp
krusen_for_carp
User since 10/7/16

dont buy that junk kent stuff....if u want the good stuff buy boss shotshell also cheaper very high quality shells

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.