MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

Baby mojo mallard

10/23/19 @ 1:07 PM
INITIAL POST
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

what is every ones thoughts on the baby mojo mallard. 

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
10/23/19 @ 10:48 PM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

My hunting partner has 2 and I have 2 super mojos. The way I like to is either one each or 2 of one and a single of the other. Except in a field then all of them are out. When we hunt really big water then all 4 are put out but my big water spots are really hit or miss the past few seasons. So I really havent hunted them spots. We never had a problem with as far as being noisy or any other problems. I do believe they are the older model had uses a 6volt. I think mixing the size helps when hunting an area with a mixed bag of birds.

10/23/19 @ 1:59 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

No issues just some opinions on them. Picked one up for under 60 bucks. Have had a large mojo for years but has spun its last hunt. Was very durable, even though it took few falls in the drink. Took the whole thing apart to clean rust off of motor. At first was like this is so small. Though I think it will work just fine for my situations. Lot lighter to haul around big +.

10/23/19 @ 1:49 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08

If I am hunting with my normal duck hunting bud, we put out 2 baby mojo mallards and also 2 of the new Lucky Duck HD.  I also have 2 of the older version Lucky Ducks (one with metal wings, one with solid plastic wings) which I rarely use anymore.

The baby mojo is a nice option as it does not cost a ton of money (less than the Lucky Duck HD).  However, IMHO the Lucky Duck HD is a superior spinning wing decoy.  The baby mojo is noisy (rattles on the mounting post), the hardware is prone to rusting (at least the ones we own), and the stake is not as user friendly as the Lucky Duck (ie, the mojo stake side extension that you use to push the stake into the bottom is too far down from the decoy to get leverage using your arms).  The Lucky Duck HD is whisper smooth and very quiet.

10/23/19 @ 1:16 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

I use them all the time. Conveniently small and easy to transport. I still have the big clunky Lucky ducks with the aluminium wings. Never use the big boys anymore. just enough wing flash on the Jr's. 

Having issues or considering purchasing? 

Never had any issues with the Jr's. I had to make a few replacements wings over time but that was self-inflicted. Easy making and coloring new wings with the plastic foam material. Awhile back they were being sold as a 2pack. 

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE