SEARCH
MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

2022 Waterfowl Reports

8/29/22 @ 8:15 PM
INITIAL POST
D/M
User since 8/23/17

Hope everyone has a great season! Please keep yourself safe and always be courteous to the other Hunters.

Displaying 21 to 30 of 103 posts
11/22/22 @ 6:35 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

With Castle Rock Lake beginning to freeze, the geese are more active.   But they were all out of reach today.

The mallards were much more cooperative this morning.

Waterfowl hunting is a blast.

11/21/22 @ 7:10 AM
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

First time out for goose yesterday.  I took two shots and dropped one goose.  Had a bunch land in the decoys, but was back at the truck getting coffee.  Did have a snow buzz me twice, but it was just out of range both times.  Never saw a duck.  Lake County IL.

11/18/22 @ 11:06 AM
whispering eye
User since 12/31/18

I hunt between the wisconsin river and the Mississippi River. Has anyone seen any birds or have any info on activty?

11/17/22 @ 7:41 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Good work fellas,  well got out last evening for a couple hours and surprisingly never fired the gun, kicked out aprox 60-65 geese out of the field and 5 mallard out of the pond going in, set up and had a few smaller flocks pass over but they were on a mission. Did have those same mallards loop around right before close but never finished. Saw some larger strings of geese ways out and did see a nice wad of ducks far out my guess was divers up higher but nothing close. Still better than workin until 4.

Headin north tonight to deer camp, I've always hunted Fri AM on my home lake but I think that will be iced up, we'll see. 

Goodhuntin all! and be safe out there with the cold and ice things can turn south quick in the duck marsh! Also to each their own I guess but with single digits to teens and even 20's keep an eye on the dogs! even the hardiest of labs get cold and any responsible hunter and dog handler should do a quick search on k9 hypothermia it may surprise you. The shaking and wimpering dog is'nt always excited they are freezing! If you are cold your dog is cold even with a vest. Be smart

11/17/22 @ 5:05 AM
Bird Watcher
User since 8/29/17

Late season is always the best.  Smart birds make the hunts a little more challenging. 

2022 Waterfowl Reports photo by Bird Watcher
11/16/22 @ 6:05 PM
Duffin
User since 12/16/10

Jzzzz,

I was out on big muddy yesterday afternoon and this morning.   Yesterday Some widgeon, green wing and believe or not a couple wood ducks.  Mallards were stale 

this morning was calm cold and very quiet.   Only a few shots on the big water by the diver hunters.    Need more wind.  

We took a ride to see the refuge.   Good amount of divers loafing 

Picture is of my Aza dog.   The waiting is the hardest part.  This is about as cold as I care to run my Griffs in water.   It’s Chessie or lab temp from now until close 

2022 Waterfowl Reports photo by Duffin
11/15/22 @ 3:10 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Gatta be some birds dying today, anybody out??  I'm goin to try and get out tomorrow afternoon. 

11/14/22 @ 12:02 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

SE WI: Sat-Sun AM hunts

With reports of the grand passage and terrible conditions to the north and out west, hopes were high for Saturday morning until 9ish with only a brace of geese in the bag and seeing 4-5 ducks most of the morning. Fairly slow atleast in my area geese were around but it was a very short window for the flight. Yesterday AM a bit better numbers wise for birds seen did manage a goose and 3 mallard and we woofed on 3 other mallards later in the AM. Ducks that we did see dumped right in which was cool, but overall not what I was expecting for a final hunt probably, pond frozen this morning and my guess is most smaller bodies of water will lock up this week too. Time to find some active fields and or moving water. Goodhuntin all!  

11/12/22 @ 10:32 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Was out this a.m. in Sawyer county. Managed a limit of mallard. Ponds starting to freeze up. Birds starting to flock up.

2022 Waterfowl Reports photo by grizwald
11/12/22 @ 6:49 PM
panks
User since 10/22/08

Nice sprigs.   Haven"t got one yet.

Displaying 21 to 30 of 103 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE