Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

2022 Waterfowl Reports

8/29/22 @ 8:15 PM
ORIGINAL POST
D/M
USER SINCE 8/23/17

Hope everyone has a great season! Please keep yourself safe and always be courteous to the other Hunters.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 13 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

9/30/22 @ 7:16 AM
Jzzzzz
USER SINCE 1/19/02

Well, stopped and watched at my little  southern hole this morning and didn't see to much, was hoping for more activity after seeing a decent amount of birds Wednesday evening dump in, o well will still be out in the AM ready to rock um!

Goodhuntin all and be safe.

9/26/22 @ 7:54 AM
Jzzzzz
USER SINCE 1/19/02

Well! typical what a difference a day makes, Saturday started slow but cranked up after sun up we killed 13 all woodys except 1 mallard, tons of shooting in the area for the first hour well over 100 shots, was a great opener and the dog did awesome work.

Sunday same spot and never fired my gun, seen some birds and guys down the slough did their fair share of shooting holes in the sky which never helps decoying or committed birds into the spread, o well that's pubic land for ya.Onto southern zone.

Got checked by wardens they were nice and very quick with the shake down, the one was rather interested in my Boss shells which look kinda odd, so if anybody shoots them too Id suggest having the box with you just in case. 

Goodhuntin all and be safe!  

9/24/22 @ 4:59 PM
Kayaker 8
USER SINCE 8/28/20

Lots of shooting Wolf River below New London.  Some guys did OK.  

I never got a shot off.  Too many guys trying to sky bust.  

One good shot on a wood duck I was drawing on and then a eagle flying the opposite direction right above the duck came into view.  Good thing I hesitated. 

9/22/22 @ 7:41 AM
Jzzzzz
USER SINCE 1/19/02

40's in the AM and drizzly were I go for opener, weather looks good! Hope the ducks cooperate too.  

9/21/22 @ 8:46 PM
grizwald
grizwald
USER SINCE 2/6/09

Evening hunt in the same field as the weekend. Geese showed up bout 6 pm. Limit by 6:15. Great hunt! Sawyer county

9/19/22 @ 3:41 PM
panks
USER SINCE 10/22/08

Been hammering the geese.   Same field which is different.

9/18/22 @ 6:30 PM
grizwald
grizwald
USER SINCE 2/6/09

Geese finally started using the oat field I have permission in. Yesterday was a lose. Geese worked and landed bout 80 yards out. They all came at once. Today a different story. Was limited out by 7:30. Raining, a better brushing of blind, and better wind for the spread. They came in multiple groups.

9/13/22 @ 8:59 AM
Jzzzzz
USER SINCE 1/19/02

Up near Waupaca over the weekend checked out a few of our haunts and pretty dismal with very dry conditions and empty ponds. As of now ok numbers of woodys around but that's not a surprise other than that not much for other ducks or even geese for that matter. Hope they show up soon.   

Goodhuntin all!

9/3/22 @ 7:53 PM
rufflefeather
rufflefeather
MEMBER SINCE 10/23/20

let the extermination begin 

9/1/22 @ 7:42 AM
Jzzzzz
USER SINCE 1/19/02

Well kind of a cool morning here at work!  I hope somebody somewhere is poundin some blue wings and geese!!!??????  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 13 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.