SEARCH
MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

2022 Waterfowl Reports

8/29/22 @ 8:15 PM
INITIAL POST
D/M
User since 8/23/17

Hope everyone has a great season! Please keep yourself safe and always be courteous to the other Hunters.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 103 posts
1/11/23 @ 4:36 PM
panks
User since 10/22/08

Goose season is closed in the state of wisconsin. I live in Central Wisconsin and I have been seeing between 2,000 to 4,000 geese everyday fly over my house.  

12/22/22 @ 10:04 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Nobody out goose huntin!???? Gunna be good in AM!

12/19/22 @ 8:56 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Got out yesterday AM for geese, with a couple buddys on a smaller field and mostly frozen pond set up, were hundreds of birds have been loafing and eating the past 2 weeks, of course it got cold and windy and most birds moved to the big lake but we managed to scratch out 3 and missed a couple more before we packed up by 10 being frozen, back out friday AM I hope. 

12/13/22 @ 7:18 AM
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

HUNTING IN ILLINOIS

NOTHING YESTERDAY   NOT SURE WHERE ALL THE DUCKS WENT TO

12/12/22 @ 5:35 PM
panks
User since 10/22/08

Have hundreds of birds hitting the fields in central Wisconsin right now. No pressure, good feed and water.  Keep waiting.

12/12/22 @ 3:55 PM
walleyezhunter05
User since 3/22/05

Not everyone on here hunts in wisconsin……still open here in Illinois…….keep pushin em down hah 

WalleyezZ

12/12/22 @ 8:55 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

regjoe........ were ya hunting???  Duck seasons been done on December 3rd bud.

12/12/22 @ 7:02 AM
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

TWO MALLARDS YESTERDAY.  LOTS OF DUCKS WORKING BUT MOST OF THEM LANDED WAY OUT IN  THE FIELD WITH THE GEESE.    

12/6/22 @ 6:38 AM
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

I harvested two mallards yesterday in the field.  I could have taken my four, but it was very  enjoyable to watch them come down in the corn and waddle around the decoys.  There were a good amount of ducks for around 2 hours.  I did not shoot at any geese as I wanted to get a few mallards.  Thankfully I remembered to charge the mojo's!!

12/5/22 @ 9:37 AM
yogurtslinger52
yogurtslinger52
User since 12/27/18

Finished out my season with the king. Shot him on a river in southern Wisconsin. What a great end to a fantastic waterfowl season. 

2022 Waterfowl Reports photo by yogurtslinger52
12/5/22 @ 9:10 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Question!   I have a stud fat greenhead mallard and also a nice pair hen/drake old squaw in my freezer I will never be able to afford to get mounted, are they of use to anybody you can have them, instead of sitting in my freezer!

12/5/22 @ 9:04 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

THATS A WRAP!

Hit a local icey slushy river with 3 buddys yesterday AM, actually seen 4 ducks and a couple high flying flocks of geese, frozen toes and hands aided to our leaving by 9am, no birds harmed during the hunt great way to end the season.   Late goose opens up again Dec 18th so maybe we'll get out for that.

Goodhuntin all! 

12/4/22 @ 9:22 PM
Muskalund
Muskalund
User since 1/1/14

My son harvested our last duck of the season late this afternoon 

A Drake Green Wing Teal

We were surprised to find one in Central Wisconsin this time of year

12/2/22 @ 7:35 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Your seeing wood ducks??

Will be out atleast saturday AM for the last hoorah Idk were yet due to most ponds frozen, but we will be huntin some where.

Goodhuntin all and be safe!

12/1/22 @ 6:24 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

The Evening Report.

Just before daybreak, the temp was a cool 10 degrees.   I prefer 20 degrees for fishing.   But with only 2 more days left of duck hunting, 10 degrees will do fine.

All that it really meant was adding one more layer to my gear.

The stars lingered, or so it seemed, in the night sky.   But the chilly delay was rewarded with the sound of ducks racing down Duck Creek, like Ferrari's on the freeway.

There is one surefire way to stop a duck.   Mechanically.  I would have stopped a second duck had my ejector on the scattergun not frozen up.

Duck is cooking on the stove.   I will either end the season with another mallard or perhaps a goose.   This requires two different blinds.   Which one I will use will not be decided until the morning.

Duck hunting gets me out of the house and into the woods.   A local stream is perfect duck habitat and that is where I wait for them.   

I see other critters while posting guard over that shallow water.   A mink is usually the first critter of the day.   Monroe, the eagle, also keeps an eye out over the same waterway.  

Eagles hunt ducks just like humans do.

When the temps are cold, a mist rolls across the surface of the stream.  It does not stay still like fog does, it is on the move, just like the living water of the stream.

I hear ducks before I can see them.   The wind whistles in their wings.   Their  subtle splash  as they land on the water can be heard by those who are listening.   Some early morning duck crow like a rooster, announcing a new day.  

There are more wood ducks than mallards, the latter being a larger bird.   Canada geese are a plenty.   They also make plenty of noise.

We have no standing snow.   The lakes are not usually not frozen over until Christmas.   Ice fishing comes after duck hunting.   The winter ends with the advent of maple syrup production.   

Every new day is a gift from God.   Enjoy each one.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 103 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE