Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

2020 Waterfowl Reports

1/2/20 @ 6:55 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

Another New Year. Place your reports, Pics and comments here for the new Season. Stay Safe and have fun!   

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 118 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

TODAY @ 6:19 PM
Mr_Natural
Mr_Natural
User since 9/5/20

Those poppers look awesome.  I just loves me some poppers   

TODAY @ 3:27 PM
RustyDuck1
RustyDuck1
User since 11/16/15

Another great day to be in the marsh. Mallards worked great early again. Geese left and never came back. Ended one shy of a two man with a bonus Buffy. 3 outta the last 4 days I was able to scratch out a mallard limit. Truly blessed to do what I do with great friends. One week left. The grind don't stop...

11/27/20 @ 5:38 PM
RustyDuck1
RustyDuck1
User since 11/16/15

Slower day today. Not much flying at all. Mallards moved early and the geese never really showed up. Was able to scratch a couple out. I sure do love decoying them big geese on the water. 

11/27/20 @ 10:27 AM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

While I was out grouse hunting yesterday I found a good amount of geese. Hunted this a.m. for them. Was done by 8 o'clock. Plenty of mallard still around but season is over up north. Had 4 otter greet me at the landing while loading up.

11/26/20 @ 6:09 PM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

Way to go rustyduck. Its been rough going for the past couple hunts. But there's just something about duck hunting on Thanksgiving for me its normally a good a day of hunting. It was a so start to the morning but I was able to scratch out my limit of mallards. One funny/cool thing i got to watch today was a red breasted merg diving in 1-2ft of water. At some points it looked like he got stuck in the mud but would shoot our like a spooked fish next to shore. Hopefully the birds will play nice in the morning.

11/26/20 @ 4:22 PM
RustyDuck1
RustyDuck1
User since 11/16/15

Yesterday was slow with just 2 ducks to show. But the difference a day and a little scouting goes a long long way.was  at a  spot I've never hunted. Just scouted. Found the birds there after yesterday's hunt. Was limited on mallards and geese by 930. Had 50 plus geese in the decoys for over an hour after that.sure was neat listening to the communication they made with flying birds. Waited them out and we will see what tomorrow brings. Another hunt you work all year for. Very thankful for God, great friends,family, and the great outdoors. Happy turkey day everybody.

11/25/20 @ 4:28 PM
toothycritter
toothycritter
User since 7/9/01

Shot these this morning before work

11/24/20 @ 5:05 PM
RustyDuck1
RustyDuck1
User since 11/16/15

Most people take this week off for deer season, this the reason I take it off for ducks. With the weather coming in I knew the mallards would be willing to work. And did they ever. Decoyed great and answered the call. The snow and sleet just made it that much sweeter. Was limited by 8:30. These are the days I wait all year for. 

11/21/20 @ 6:40 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
User since 12/9/08

Beautiful morning today....just awesome watching the sun come up.  It was also nice to see thousands of birds again.

A coworker and I decided late yesterday to make a quick "blast and cast" trip on opening day of gun deer.

11/20/20 @ 9:53 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

1 duck morning. Couldnt resist the balmy 40 degree wakeup morning. Not many birds in the area anymore.

High water conditions after the previous weeks rainfall. Rat house in pic was nearly wet mud most of season. Wish the recent balmy weather and high water was here in October during migration. Oh well, another great season anywho! 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 118 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.