Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

2020 Waterfowl Reports

1/2/20 @ 6:55 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

Another New Year. Place your reports, Pics and comments here for the new Season. Stay Safe and have fun!   

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 123 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

12/3/20 @ 10:00 AM
Bird Watcher
User since 8/29/17

Last duck hunt in Wisconsin for me this year. Ended on a good day.  Headed to Massachusetts to chase some bigger ducks.

12/2/20 @ 10:47 PM
lightning95
lightning95
User since 1/7/14

Hit the river in Southern Wisconsin Saturday.  Only two greenheads we saw ended up retrieved by the dog.  Sunday we hunted stillwater and ended up with a pair of geese.  Funny thing is that I thought they were mallards and highball at them.  They dropped right in to the mallard call...

12/2/20 @ 3:31 PM
RustyDuck1
RustyDuck1
User since 11/16/15

The big freeze now settling into my neck of the woods I've concentrated my efforts to the moving water. Was on a spot between a big feed and the roost. They dumped in just as we wanted. Ended the day with a 2 man limit of mallards Another amazing morning. Sure glad I bank all my vacation time. 

12/1/20 @ 9:38 PM
rufflefeather
rufflefeather
User since 10/23/20

I think the bay of green bay is the only place to go based on what i have read .... can anyone tell me where to launch? dont need your hunting spot

12/1/20 @ 9:23 PM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

Another great day limit of green. Really had to work for them but it was worth it. Finished up by 9 decided that was enough and got out before the geese started flying. Hopefully tomorrow morning goes the same. 

11/28/20 @ 6:19 PM
Mr_Natural
Mr_Natural
User since 9/5/20

Those poppers look awesome.  I just loves me some poppers   

11/28/20 @ 3:27 PM
RustyDuck1
RustyDuck1
User since 11/16/15

Another great day to be in the marsh. Mallards worked great early again. Geese left and never came back. Ended one shy of a two man with a bonus Buffy. 3 outta the last 4 days I was able to scratch out a mallard limit. Truly blessed to do what I do with great friends. One week left. The grind don't stop...

11/27/20 @ 5:38 PM
RustyDuck1
RustyDuck1
User since 11/16/15

Slower day today. Not much flying at all. Mallards moved early and the geese never really showed up. Was able to scratch a couple out. I sure do love decoying them big geese on the water. 

11/27/20 @ 10:27 AM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

While I was out grouse hunting yesterday I found a good amount of geese. Hunted this a.m. for them. Was limited out on geese by 8 o'clock. Plenty of mallard still around but season is over up north. Had 4 otter greet me at the landing while loading up.

11/26/20 @ 6:09 PM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

Way to go rustyduck. Its been rough going for the past couple hunts. But there's just something about duck hunting on Thanksgiving for me its normally a good a day of hunting. It was a so start to the morning but I was able to scratch out my limit of mallards. One funny/cool thing i got to watch today was a red breasted merg diving in 1-2ft of water. At some points it looked like he got stuck in the mud but would shoot our like a spooked fish next to shore. Hopefully the birds will play nice in the morning.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 123 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.