Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

2020 Waterfowl Reports

1/2/20 @ 7:55 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

Another New Year. Place your reports, Pics and comments here for the new Season. Stay Safe and have fun!   

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 46 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 9:18 AM
scumfrog_millionaire
scumfrog_millionaire
User since 8/14/13

Was out on Horicon for the second opener on Saturday afternoon. Hunted a spot I've never hunted before (bogs really changed some of my spots), and saw maybe 20 total ducks in 3.5 hours. Shot once at a woody passing by and missed. Anybody else seeing anything out there this season? I've had a couple poor outings. I'll be trying again Saturday morning..

10/18/20 @ 6:38 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
User since 12/9/08

Interesting day in terms of different waterfowl species seen.  Mallards, wigeon, pintails, shovelers, ringnecks, cans, and even goldeneyes.   Got 5 today, but didn't take advantage of a few additional opportunities that were there (looking wrong way, etc, etc).  Pic of 3 drake mallards and a drake goldeneye.  1 bird was not photo worthy.

10/17/20 @ 6:11 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Had a ok 2nd opener in the River zone. Wood duck numbers seem low overall this year. Migrators are arriving. 3 man hunt yielded 3 gadwall, 2 Wigeon and 1 Wood duck. 

No snow here, warmed up quite a bit today in the Lax area. Hit 63 in the afternoon. Cold front knocking on the door for sunday.

10/17/20 @ 5:19 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Out in the blowing snow this a.m. chasing mallard and geese. Managed a couple geese but missed on the mallard. Seen good amount of geese, mallard, and divers. Couple green wing and 7 blue wing in the blocks. It was a nasty morning, but I love it!

10/11/20 @ 10:26 AM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Scouted as well yesterday after a one wood duck hunt. Found a good amount of mallards on larger reservoir. Had a limit by 8 o'clock. Seen less geese though.

10/10/20 @ 8:12 PM
RustyDuck1
RustyDuck1
User since 11/16/15

When all the scouting and hard works pays off. I don't normally hunt 4 guys but we found a good batch of birds last night and I felt comfortable we would have a good shoot. Well did we ever. 22 birds total. 12 wood ducks 8 teal and 2 pintails. A hunt i won't soon forget. Birds had feet down and we never made a shot outside 25 yards. Great day with a great friends. We shall see what tomorrow brings. 

10/10/20 @ 10:39 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Saturday morning hunt. Nice bird movement first 30 min. 2 man hunt harvested 5 Wood duck and 1 wigeon. Some high flyer migrators moving into the Miss river valley.

10/9/20 @ 7:01 PM
jimbo55will
User since 1/17/07

' "Until you have courted the bluebills in the snow you have not tasted of the purer delights of waterfowling" ' My alltime favorite hunting book--Gordon Macquarrie was a master story teller.

10/9/20 @ 4:04 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
User since 12/9/08

It also reminds me of Gordon MacQuarrie and "Stories of the Old Duck Hunters" series.  One I remember was The Bluebills Died at Dawn  

10/9/20 @ 11:17 AM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

A page right out of A Sand County Almanac!

Good report. And a good command of the English language. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 46 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.