Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

2020 Waterfowl Reports

1/2/20 @ 7:55 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

Another New Year. Place your reports, Pics and comments here for the new Season. Stay Safe and have fun!   

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 81 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 11:00 AM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
User since 12/9/08

Late yesterday, after looking at the crappy wind forecast for today (SSE @15), I decided I was going to sleep in this morning.  Mrs. SM talked me into going hunting..."you know you'll be disappointed if you don't go."  Ok, I'll go for a couple hours.  Glad I did.

Not a ton of birds flying, but did have an unusual pairing of ducks decoy in.....a drake redhead with a hen black scoter.  Also had a fork buck swim into my decoy spread, arriving between the divers and puddlers.  That was kind of neat to witness.

TODAY @ 4:52 AM
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

Went out yesterday and two of us shot one goose each.  Only two birds that were shooter,  Not a lot of birds in our area.  Bright sunny skies didn’t help.  Great to be out.  Off to work at in an hour.  

10/30/20 @ 5:05 AM
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

One goose and four ducks yesterday in the field.  Ducks came in perfect.  Going out today for another hunt.  Hopefully they will cooperate again. Can’t figure out how to post photos yet. 

10/29/20 @ 7:44 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Rufflefeathers

Grindstone lake in Sawyer county would be a good open water hunt. Has a shallow bar out in the lake called center bar that would be a great spot to hunt. Always wanted to try, just not set up for it.

10/29/20 @ 7:41 PM
Mr_Natural
Mr_Natural
User since 9/5/20

Nothing wrong with that.  The season’s always open with my Nikor 70-300    

10/29/20 @ 6:51 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
User since 12/9/08

Due to Covid and changes to college class scheduling, my son does not have a Fall break this semester where he can come home and go duck hunting.  So he can only "hunt" ducks with a camera.  He took this pic yesterday of a drake green-winged teal developing his plumage.  Pretty cool to see it next to a large, meat bearing Mallard and realize how small they really are.

10/29/20 @ 6:37 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
User since 12/9/08

madforlabs….I will keep that in mind.    

Today was strange....only saw 3 mallards. Expected to see many more where I was.  Instead it was a genus "Bucephala" smorgasbord.  Many Buffleheads and Goldeneyes.  A couple flocks of each were fairly sizable; i.e. 20-30 birds.  Also had a couple small flocks of Hoodies come by.

10/29/20 @ 2:09 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

SM, should you ever want to trade a day of layout boat hunting for a day of private land marsh hunting,  let me know. Have always wanted to try a layout hunt...

10/28/20 @ 9:42 AM
rufflefeather
rufflefeather
User since 10/23/20

did the dnr appease the guys wanting open water hunting a few years back by saying (ok here is a handful of the deepest lakes in the state, good luck! hahaaa) I don't get it. 

10/27/20 @ 6:44 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
User since 12/9/08

I will never get tired of this view of the world....

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 81 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.