Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

2020 Waterfowl Reports

1/2/20 @ 7:55 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

Another New Year. Place your reports, Pics and comments here for the new Season. Stay Safe and have fun!   

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 57 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 5:04 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
User since 12/9/08

Another great day in the outdoors.  Tons of wind and rain/mist early.  The 2 bluebill limit definitely makes duck ID a high priority.  Got a limit of bluebills (2 immature drake greater scaup), 2 drake canvasbacks, immature drake goldeneye, and a hen surf scoter.  The dark, gloomy, and misty day made ID'ing redheads difficult until the last second, then they were usually too close at some crazy shot angle to effectively harvest them....so none taken.

"Make mine Redheads"

TODAY @ 10:35 AM
rufflefeather
rufflefeather
User since 10/23/20

this should ruffle some feathers.

the south zone should open a week earlier, and the split should be a week later.. they let the early birds move through unscathed during the split every year.. than there's a lull   great

10/22/20 @ 7:13 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Freeguide,  We've been rather thin on the wood ducks over on the westside in the Mississippi backwaters. Decent opening weekend then rather low numbers since then. I blame the low water levels over summer and into fall.

10/22/20 @ 5:48 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Fowler2 hope not! Finally sperged on some $300 breathable rogers waders. They are nice too! As far as the woodduck thing, seemed bout average numbers. Have not hunted them since first couple weeks in northern zone. 

10/22/20 @ 12:55 PM
freeguideservice
User since 12/4/13

strange year. I thought there was suppose to be record wood duck numbers. Opening day in a place we normally see dozens if not hundreds of woodys I counted a grand total of 13 wood ducks and was able to shoot 1.  south zone opener was about the same..... Been hitting all the good wood duck spots ever since the beginning of the season north and south zones and there have been just very little woody action anyplace I have been.  Normally there are woodys all over the place....    kinda disheartening 

10/20/20 @ 7:16 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Thanks Griz for the icing update.  Dont be poken any holes in them waders on that skim ice : )

10/20/20 @ 5:26 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Fowler2- had ice on ponds and back bays of the flowage I was hunting. Not ready yet for that. Only halfway through the season. Still good amount of local mallards and geese hang around till the deep freeze. Just hope it is not to soon!

10/19/20 @ 7:12 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Good grief Griz,  Swans and buffys already!     I'm really not diggn this cold weather pattern so far.  Season for me will be done in two weeks if it stays this direction.

10/19/20 @ 6:47 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Skipped work today! Managed 2 mallard and a goose still hunting large reservoir holding alot of birds. Tundra swans have showed up along with some buffleheads. Had 3 green wing teal milling in the blocks today as well. Ice has formed in shallow water. Season seems nearing end at half way? Jzzzzz where is up north? Never smacked woodies in the field. That sounds like fun.

10/19/20 @ 5:24 PM
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

after a 2 week hiadus hi atus ??  um vacation from huntin post wedding I made the trek back north to the field of dreams and it did not dissapoint  14 woodys dead sat and 11 dead sunday,  they keep coming bigger flocks but still dozens crazy!   great to watch the dogs run in every direction and huntin with good old friends in the corn.

hopefully more mallards and black n whites soon. scouted bigger water saturday and did not see much of anything yet.

goodhuntin all!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 57 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.