Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

2019 Waterfowl Reports

1/3/19 @ 6:39 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

Another year, and time to Post your Reports and stories for another great year of Hunting!

DISPLAYING 51 TO 60 OF 176 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/6/19 @ 5:39 PM
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

West Central WI, went to the lake this morning, hoping for an epic hunt with the snow falling.  Motored out about 60 yards and noticed snow on top of the water, turned out to be ice covered by snow.  Broke ice with boat for several hundred yards and decided to turn around and call it a season.  Loaded boat and waited for first light.  Lake iced over except for a few spots where there was current.  Ice fishing around the corner the way it looks.

11/5/19 @ 12:26 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

The season dates are always a guessing game. Some seasons are to early some to late, just depends on the weather. Take it for what it is.

11/5/19 @ 8:09 AM
freeguideservice
User since 12/4/13

the season should be open a couple weeks earlier especially north zone. Than at least people up there would have a chance to at least see a wood duck, not teal cause there gone from rhinelander area before the early teal season even starts in mid to late august.  

suppose to be single digits and even below 0 at night next week. there Gonna be Ice fishing in some of the best waterfowl spots 2 weeks before the season ends.  its ridiculous 

11/5/19 @ 6:02 AM
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

Hunted Lake County IL yesterday and got my geese.  Have not shot at a duck all year.  There is a lot of water in the area and they are not using my water areas.  

11/4/19 @ 4:50 PM
hardset
User since 1/19/09

Rhinelander area:

Everything is frozen up in Price County for waterfowl. Considering the Rhinelander area. It would be a first time hunt in the area. Should I try Pelican Lake or the Rhinelander Flowage north of Boom lake? I hear Boom lake is mostly frozen and hard to access now. Not looking for secret spots. Just asking to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks!

11/4/19 @ 8:41 AM
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Sheboygan co:

hunted the puppy pond near home with my young dog seen 2 small flocks of ducks and 3 small flocks of horicon high geese, never shouldered the vinci.  o well; did find a lot of  ducks just need to figure out how I can get them........

11/3/19 @ 8:30 AM
bassmaster+recordracks
bassmaster+recordracks
User since 2/25/12

Sad report from the field. Lots geese and ducks not decoying. So far 1 immature drake mallard committed. Southeastern flooded field hunt. Birds are are still in the area and very active. 

11/2/19 @ 11:46 AM
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Anybody wanna hook up SE WI or big pond  tomorrow AM?,gatta work today wont be out til before dark don't have any plans, and I'm guessing the ponds by me will be void or slushed over.

11/2/19 @ 9:44 AM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Another great hunt in the Northwood of wisco. The mallards worked really well. Wish they would show up a little later though. Its so hard to I.d. them at first light. Passed on alot trying to pick out drakes. Plus got a bonus grouse by the parking lot.

11/1/19 @ 4:03 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

drove around today scouting. most small water froze and edges of big lakes have ice. saw good amount of mallards in usual late season spots. saw some 30+ tundra swans as well. late season is apon use. go get them before they gone! happy hunting!

DISPLAYING 51 TO 60 OF 176 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.