Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

2019 Waterfowl Reports

1/3/19 @ 6:39 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

Another year, and time to Post your Reports and stories for another great year of Hunting!

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 152 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/4/19 @ 4:50 PM
hardset
User since 1/19/09

Rhinelander area:

Everything is frozen up in Price County for waterfowl. Considering the Rhinelander area. It would be a first time hunt in the area. Should I try Pelican Lake or the Rhinelander Flowage north of Boom lake? I hear Boom lake is mostly frozen and hard to access now. Not looking for secret spots. Just asking to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks!

11/4/19 @ 8:41 AM
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Sheboygan co:

hunted the puppy pond near home with my young dog seen 2 small flocks of ducks and 3 small flocks of horicon high geese, never shouldered the vinci.  o well; did find a lot of  ducks just need to figure out how I can get them........

11/3/19 @ 8:30 AM
bassmaster+recordracks
bassmaster+recordracks
User since 2/25/12

Sad report from the field. Lots geese and ducks not decoying. So far 1 immature drake mallard committed. Southeastern flooded field hunt. Birds are are still in the area and very active. 

11/2/19 @ 11:46 AM
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Anybody wanna hook up SE WI or big pond  tomorrow AM?,gatta work today wont be out til before dark don't have any plans, and I'm guessing the ponds by me will be void or slushed over.

11/2/19 @ 9:44 AM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Another great hunt in the Northwood of wisco. The mallards worked really well. Wish they would show up a little later though. Its so hard to I.d. them at first light. Passed on alot trying to pick out drakes. Plus got a bonus grouse by the parking lot.

11/1/19 @ 4:03 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

drove around today scouting. most small water froze and edges of big lakes have ice. saw good amount of mallards in usual late season spots. saw some 30+ tundra swans as well. late season is apon use. go get them before they gone! happy hunting!

11/1/19 @ 1:15 PM
nemab-man
User since 7/5/11

Went out to jump shoot a Jefferson co. pond this morning and it was froze up tIght.

Edited to add, depending on how or where you hunt now, it might be over or it might be the time of your life! 

I'm looking forward to it!

11/1/19 @ 7:59 AM
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Hunted  Sheboygan and Washington co's yesterday in blizzard was fun,   shot 1 sawbill in AM and nothing in PM  seen maybe 6 ducks and 3 small flocks of geese, wasn't expecting a slaughter on public land but was hoping to see a bit more. most small ponds were freezing last night.  back out sunday on big water hopefully.

goodluck all and be safe.

10/31/19 @ 10:58 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

I see swans every year migrating overhead, so several hundred in most years. This year none so far I was even working outside all day yesterday.  If I recall right last year I didn't see any migrator swans until later half of November and that's typical for most years.

10/31/19 @ 9:55 AM
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

West Central WI.

Tuesday set up wrong and it cost me, managed two greenheads, but good number of ducks seen, good mixture of puddle and divers.

Wednesday, two greenheads, two bluebill, 1 ringbill, if I could shoot better, limit was there to be had, decent number of birds observed, swans and geese migrating, ice on shore edges to 20 feet out, 21 degrees at 5:30 am

Today, two small flocks of mallards seen and decoyed, picked off three, otherwise dead. Lots of ice, 18 degrees at 5:30 am.  

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 152 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.