Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

2019 Waterfowl Reports

1/3/19 @ 7:39 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

Another year, and time to Post your Reports and stories for another great year of Hunting!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 70 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 12:44 PM
Skunkbucket
User since 7/1/18

Jefferson County.

Many more birds around Sat than Sun. Tough hunting both days with birds being extremely decoy shy.

Saturday I saw mallards, woodies, teal, shovelers, and a few bluebill. Heard lots of shooting.

Sunday was a few mallards and woodies. No shooting.

Managed one drake woody on Sat, never fired a shot Sunday.

Good luck!

TODAY @ 9:32 AM
Marsh Man 2
User since 9/20/10

What is it with fisherman? I had several within a 100 yards. I can't hunt the whole harbor as I only have permission to one spot on shore but they can fish the whole dam harbor and lake. When I spoke with them kindly I was told to go away in a not nice way. I wish they knew Wardens had better things to do then to deal with user conflicts! They could have easily moved along. The perch aren't sitting on structure or in one spot. They are swimming around in schools this time of year. Just please move a 100 yards or more please. They will go by that spot as well. 

Sorry now to the report. Lots of divers arrived in even growing numbers on the bay of Green bay. Good shooting and decoying birds until the fisherman arrived. Then everything flared.

10/20/19 @ 11:23 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Dense fog hunt this morning. Morning rush hour was intense. Birds sliced the fog in a hurry. Got a few, missed a few. Quite a few blazed through without a swing of the barrel.  1 widgon and 1 wood duck. Mostly sightless whistling wings and the quirky spoonbill chatter flights moving above the fog. 

10/19/19 @ 5:40 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Hunted large flowage this a.m. not much for birds to be seen. Didn't stay long for some fishermen decided to anchor bout 100 yards from me. Left that and went to jump shoot the farm/beaver marshes. No woodies to be seen. But jumped some mallards bout 50 yards from the truck. Going to try a little field/marsh hunt in the a.m.

On a side note in my scouting today saw good 2 dozen ringers on a small marsh.

10/19/19 @ 12:58 PM
bassmaster+recordracks
bassmaster+recordracks
User since 2/25/12

Slow by us today in southeastern part of the state. Lots of shooting all around us must of been woodies.  Very few geese around. Should have had 3 woodies. Got the one. 

10/19/19 @ 11:53 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Not a bad Saturday morning hunt. The morning rush hour was lacking excitement. After 8am we got into a push of migrators. Mallards and wood duck. All hitting us from a northerly direction. All super warm to touch. Most likely in -flight most of the morning. Even a few flights of Snows working through overhead. 2 man hunt ~ 4 wood duck and 2 mallards. Had our share of misses as well.  Flyway highway Pool 7. 

10/18/19 @ 10:32 AM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Took the day off to hunt before the weekenders. Good amount of local birds around. Lost one hoodie today that dove. Sawyer county.

10/16/19 @ 4:53 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Great hunt SM. I like the variety you've been getting. Big congrats on the new jewelry!

10/16/19 @ 3:57 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
User since 12/9/08

High wind and ridiculous whitecaps made for an interesting hunt.  I should have limited out, but whiffed on 2 opportunities where the birds crossed between me and the sun when they were in range.  Pair of mallards (1 banded), drake lesser scaup, immature drake green-winged teal.

10/16/19 @ 12:58 PM
toothycritter
toothycritter
User since 7/9/01

Hunted west shore south of Pensaukee this morning conditions were perfect unfortunately ducks didn’t know it

No ducks sighted for as far as I could see earlier this week I saw good numbers flying south a mile or 2 from shore they must have all stayed there I will wait till end of month to try again 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 70 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.