Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

2019 Waterfowl Reports

1/3/19 @ 7:39 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

Another year, and time to Post your Reports and stories for another great year of Hunting!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 58 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/14/19 @ 9:44 AM
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Waupaca co:

Saturday AM was a great day with 2 buddys in the marsh we rolled out 13 coulda ground out our limits but I had to go, buds were upset at that hahaha, o well mostly bwt with a couple woodys and a mallard in the mix for the first hour or so the teal were suicidal, was  a great rare day in the marsh.

yesterday less ducks of course and guys set up less than 100 yds in front of us .5hr before shooting didn't help birds that were working us but o well the joys of public land, ended up with 3 , still a great weekend of hunting with good friends cant wait for next front to move through.

goodhuntin all!

10/13/19 @ 9:40 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
User since 12/9/08

Lots of species variety this weekend with the cold temps, high winds, and snow showers.  On the puddler side of the equation, had mallards, wigeon, gadwalls, and the ever "tasty" shoveler check out the dekes.  I don't shoot shovelers (unless I see an obvious drake with some color) and passed on a couple flocks of 10-20 birds.  On the diver front; canvasbacks, redheads, bluebills, and ringnecks.  Here are a couple pics from today (pair of drake gadwalls - 1 immature, and 2 drake lesser scaup), before the snow piling in the boat made taking photos impossible.

10/12/19 @ 6:46 PM
Skunkbucket
User since 7/1/18

Jefferson County

Influx of birds this morning. Lots of mallards flying, as well as woodies. Spot wasn't great for strong wind. Managed a mallard and BWT. Gonna try flooded woods tomorrow with same wind being forecasted.

Good luck, shoot straight, and have fun.

10/12/19 @ 6:16 PM
bassmaster+recordracks
bassmaster+recordracks
User since 2/25/12

Gadwall

10/12/19 @ 2:25 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Hunted public rice marsh northern Sawyer county. Targeted  drake woodies. Mallards gadwall and bwt teal spoted. Very ducky weather. Fall colors from yesterday scout mission.

10/12/19 @ 1:47 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Thanks Tr Carper!  Best of luck to you on the east side. I'm sure the best is yet to come for you along the lake.

What a blustery day here on the west side. Cold 35*, heavy wind, snow.  Not your typical Oct 12 weather thats for sure. 

10/12/19 @ 1:13 PM
wingsnfins
wingsnfins
MEMBER since 10/5/05

Public land....flooded grass area pass shooting as they moved to private flooded corn field....more misses than hits this morning!

10/12/19 @ 12:34 PM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

Great job Fowler2 keep it up. It's been a super slow season for me on the lake shore but it will get better. 

10/12/19 @ 10:36 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Enjoyable  hunt this morning in the Big river backwaters. Nice mix of migrating mallards and the still abundant Wood duck. Both decoyed equally well. Finished the morning with a pair of each.

Alot of teal this morning. Blues, greens, they were all over me all morning. These cold bones, slow swinging barrel and wind burned eyes didnt even bother. They were completely safe with Bella and I . Playful times in the decoys. 

10/11/19 @ 4:04 PM
Abest
User since 12/2/07

Just returned from Manitoba. A great week of hunting! All locals mixed bag. Farmers are having a tough time getting crops in way too wet. One told us that this is the latest that he has harvested. The mourning we left it was snowing and they already had 5 inches on the ground. Slews still open and food is available. Who knows what will happen! Good luck.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 58 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.